Chapter 32

There was a pin drop silence in the room and serious look was adorned on everyone's face.

Master's eyes were solemnly fixed on Aelia who had her head bent down.

After a minute or so, the Master spoke in his velvety voice with a tint of anger in it, "You know Aelia, I'm not angry on you because our plan backfired, I'm angry on you for being careless and going to get answers from the maid. Everything is acceptable in life but being careless and letting our guards down because of our high emotions is the cause of downfall. You were so enraged with the maid that you became oblivious to the surrounding and were about to get caught. "

Aelia, who was very ashamed of herself responded with a yes to the master. After seeing the guilty look in Aelia's eyes, the Master transfixed his eyes on Stephano and Luca. It felt like as if air has left their lungs feeling the Master's gaze on them. They gulped down the saliva weighing the seriousness in the eyes of their master.

"Luca, will you tell me the reason of your smirk which you had on your face when Aelia's plan failed? " interrogated master.

Luca's face lost all it's colour and his mouth opened ajar seeing the accurate analysis of the master.
How did he know? Was I that obvious?'

He went void of answers and looked at Stephano who had questioning looks in his eyes.

Getting up from his chair, the Master took a full round of the room with head bend down appearing to be in deep thought. All the pair of eyes present in the room were secretly glancing at their master.

He came came and stood near Luca and kept his right hand on Luca's shoulder. " Life is a game. Everytime we will win, it's not necessary but losing our morals and doubting our own team will lead us to self destruction. I know that Aelia scolds you and Balbina at times but she does it out of love and both of you are youngest amongst us so if we tell you something, it's out of altruism. Don't keep a feeling of grudge against each other. Unity is the most important thing for us, eagles to fly. " spoke Master trying to make Luca understand thing.

Luca had an understanding look on his face at which the master smiled and then he turned towards Aelia and asked her to talk politely with Luca and Balbina at which she nodded her head.

Their conversation was suddenly interrupted when the door burst open and for a moment everyone became stunned as they thought, their covers are blown but they heaved a sigh of relief when they saw Balbina.

Balbina's body was drenched in sweat and she was galloping large amount of air in order to calm herself.
Luca was fast enough to reach her. He hugged her tightly while Balbina struggled more to breathe in.

Aelia wanted to slap Luca at his foolishness but controlled herself and asked him to leave her because he was making it more difficult for Balbina to breathe. As soon as Luca realised his mistake, he left Balbina.

After calming herself, Balbina spoke, "I hea... heard Augustus and his wife's conv... conversation and they are planning to keep an eye on the maid. So, we have to be careful and we can't approach them. "

Master came forward and patted Balbina's back and appreciated her for her keen observance. "You ate truly an eagle Balbina who has it's eyes set on the target. And now no one will ever approach that maid, got that? " said the master.

Everyone responded with a nod. Luca tried to stop Balbina when she turned around to leave the room. "Where are you going? Please stay with me for an hour. "

"I'm sorry Luca but I have important work in the palace. I can't afford to spend leisure time with you now. "saying this Balbina smooched Luca on his cheek and with a last look of longing in her eyes, she went away.

Once again the air in the room became serious and master brought his next card to play, " we have to come up with a plan very soon in order to kill Atticus." he turned towards Stephano and spoke to him in a viscious tone, "Poison the royal horses of Florence who will porticipate in the war. "

🏵🏵🏵🏵🏵🏵🏵🏵🏵🏵🏵🏵🏵🏵

After waiting in her room for long, Rithambara decided to take a tour around the city of Florence. She never really got the chance to discover the beauty of Florence because situations never allowed her to do so. She never went out of the palace to witness the normal civilisation.

Ritha covered herself with a, white furry shawl as it was mild cold outside. She came out of her room and spotted Aquila at a meter distance. She smiled at her and told her about the plan of taking a tour.