Chapter 36

King Atticus rushed outside seeing his son shouting because it was a rare case. Augustus had always been a man of few words and him shouting meant serious consequences. He took crying Justus from Augustus's hands and asked him to calm down. No sooner did Justus went in king Atticus's arms, Augustus strode towards Rithambara.

He held Ritha's shoulder and raised his eyebrows in a way as if demanding answers from her. He was so engrossed in looking at her face that he didn't notice her wounds but before Ritha could reply, a loud scream echoed startling Augustus. He removed his eyes from Ritha and looked down. Since, it was a night time therefore visibility was translucent.

He narrowed his eyes and ordered a soldier to bring the lantern closer. He was shocked to see a man whose face was covered with blood and clothes were torn and on top of it, he was tied to the carriage. His condition looked as if someone has assaulted him brutally. He gasped seeing that there were all together four men tied to different carriages. Moreover, there was a young girl wrapped in white shawl which was half covered with blood and Aquila was giving her support.

His mind wasn't able to decipher a thing about this whole scenario which was unfolding infront of him. He looked back at Ritha for answers. She understood all his unasked questions but at first, she wanted Rosa to get first aid on her wounds so she politely asked Aquila to take Rosa inside in one of the rooms. She asked her to give Rosa fresh clothes and clean her wounds.

Ritha went near the shivering girl and cupped her cheeks. She passed her a smile and then pressed her lips on Rosa's forehead. She pulled back but Rosa didn't let go her. She hugged her more tightly and started crying again. Aquila herself had tears in her eyes seeing the condition of their girl and she wiped it before anyone could notice it.

Justus who was in his grandfather's embrace started wailing seeing his mother giving someone else so much affection. Ritha chuckled a bit seeing her son when he tried to wriggle out of king Atticus's hold. She gestured Aquila to bring Justus near her and Aquila nodded smiling a bit.

As soon as Justus reached near his mother, he threw his hands desperatly towards her but Aquila stopped him by showing the injured hands of Ritha. Ritha lovingly asked Justus to go with Aquila in his room and assured him to meet him in the morning. Justus protruted his lower lips out and gave a sad look to Ritha which clearly showed his disapproval but he couldn't deny his mother.

As soon as Justus went inside with Aquila, Ritha looked at her husband who was briefed about the matter by one of the soldiers. Augustus had his jaws clenched but unlike his mood, he asked all the soldiers calmly to throw all four of them in the dungeon. Even king Atticus was disgusted by the behaviour of these men.

Augustus wanted to take Ritha in his arms and confront her but decided against it because at the moment the girl needed her more therefore he nodded at Ritha in an understanding way and went inside to check on Justus followed by Ritha and Rosa.

She took Rosa inside and made her sit on the bed of one of the royal rooms. She asked one of the maids to bring fresh clothes, few cotton balls and clean water. She wanted to have a little chit chat with Rosa so she thought of initiating the conversation but next words of Rosa shook her, "they have raped me before."

"What?" it was the only word which Rithambara could speak in return.

"Yes. One of them was... the landlord of the farm... Where my father used to work. He was a peasent and this year when he was not able to pay the revenue, all of them killed him and forced themselves on me. " Rosa's eyes were closed and tears were gushing out of them. She had a disgusted expression on her face as if reliving those moments.

Ritha's mouth was opened in shock seeing the true brutality of this world. She patted on her back and asked her to stay strong. "Justice will be given to you and that's my promise." spoke Rithambara with full assurity.

"My mother died while I was young so no body has taken care of me like this. I'm thank..." Rosa wasn't able to complete her sentence because she was overwhelmed with different emotions. Ritha comforted her with her warm smile and told her to approach her if she needed anything.

Meanwhile, the maid came with all the necessities and bowed at Ritha. Since, Ritha had to clear her own wounds, she asked the maid to take care of Rosa. She ordered the maid to sleep in the same room with Rosa as she was still in trauma. After giving a last hug to Rosa ,she excused herself from there.
🏵🏵🏵🏵🏵🏵🏵🏵🏵🏵🏵🏵🏵🏵

Ritha saw Augustus standing near the door of their room when she was about to enter inside. He looked at her face and without uttering any word, he held her palm and took her inside the restroom. Anger was visible on his face which Rithambara didn't like. She wanted him to cool down and have a civil conversation but he was awfully quiet.

She was about to say sorry when Augustus hugged her heard catching her off guard. He spoke in an emotional voice, "You are precious to me. Never scare me like this ever again and if you need something or if you want to do something you will come to me. Got that? "

Ritha who was feeling overwhelmed by the hug, murmured a small yes and seeked warmth of her husband. She thanked Lord Shiva for granting her such an understanding and amazing husband who always gives her space and time. Breaking the hug, Augustus kissed her on the forehead and asked her to sit down so that he could clear the wounds.

Without hurting her hands, Augustus removed Ritha's bangles one by one but unfortunately one of the bangles stucked in her wound. Instead of Ritha, it was Augustus who hissed as if he was the one who was going through the pain. Ritha snickerd in muffled voice which resulted in Augustus glaring at her.

"This is the second time when I'm aiding your wounds. Last time it was your legs and this time it is your hand. Why can't you be just careful and let me or the soldiers handle the matter?" spoke Augustus in an annoyed tone.

Hearing this, Ritha smiled and said, "because my husband is an amazing nurse that's why. "

Augustus smirked listening this and after securing her wounds with cloth, he pulled Ritha towards himself and snaked his arm around her waist.
He looked deep into her eyes and licked his lower lip by smothering his tongue on it. Seeing such an intense look in Augustus's eyes, Ritha's eyes automatically drooped down and a hue of pink covered her cheeks.

She put her hands on Augustus's chest and fumbled with his buttons. All the while Augustus was smirking seeing his blushing wife. He delicately held her chin and lifted it slowly and gradually.....

Author's Note
Vote, follow and comment.