Chapter 38

The bronze metallic colour was appearing back after being suppressed by the charcoal night promising to shine like a gold this time.

Augustus looked at Ritha who was in her own distinct land. Her eyes held worry, fury, compassion and empathy at the same time. He knew that she was fretting over the girl and it was evident from her eyes. He stiffled his yawn and brushed Ritha's hair which was falling on her head. Feeling her husband's touch, she passed him a genuine smile.

"Stop worrying about it

"Stop worrying about it. She will get justice and this is my promise to you. You can do what you want to do with those culprits. No body will dare stop you."

"Rosa will decide what she wants to do. Those are her culprits and justice will be fulfilled in every dimension when she will get to decide the punishment." spoke Rithambara.

Augustus bobbled his head in an understanding way and scooped his right arm around Ritha's shoulders. After years of yearning and hurricane, his heart was finally at placidity wheras for Ritha, hurricane was about to start. He looked towards Rithambara whose body was covered with the crumpled sheet. She tried to wriggle out of his embrace saying that she had to look after Justus but he didn't hear her excuse. After having a sensual morning, they got out of the bed to start the day.

After getting herself ready, first thing which Ritha did was to go in her son's room who was still sleeping. Even Aquila was sleeping on the adjacent bed and it was evident from her face that she was dead tired. She decided to let her sleep and went near Justus's bed and kissed his forehead lightly.

When Justus opened his eyes, he was about to cry due to grumpiness but his facial expressions changed when he saw his mother sitting next to him. He gave her a toothy grin and hugged her. She scooped him in her arms and decided to go for a walk. She shook Aquila lightly while she was leaving the room and woke her up.

After spending her morning with Justus listening to his complains and thoughts, she decided to meet Rosa. She left Justus in Cato's guidance and went in Rosa's room.
🏵🏵🏵🏵🏵🏵🏵🏵🏵🏵🏵🏵🏵🏵

Contrary to his merry morning mood, Augustus had a deadly look on his face when he entered inside the prison. All four of them were badly bruised and were curled up in a ball. The prison was stinking with their dried blood and fresh sweat but it didn't bother Augustus as he has seen the worse in battlefields. Being the eldest amongst his brothers, he always led from the front in wars.

One of them was groaning hard because of the excruciating pain surging in his body but for Augustus it was not painful enough. He noticed the bite mark on Ritha's hand when he was aiding her wounds but he didn't question her at that time. After inspecteing all four of the rapists with his anger drenched eyes, he asked with vexation, "which one of you bit on my wife's arm?"

After the torturous ride from the farmland till palace and spending the whole night in hunger, none of them had the capability to speak up. They were slithering on the ground under Augustus's gaze. After circling them, Augustus spoke, "hmm! Seems like none of you want to answer. Very well then! I think you all need to get cleaned up as your blood covered body is compelling me to kill all four of you. Wait, I'll call for someone to bring water."

All four of them understood that calmness in Augustus's voice wasn't matching with his temperament so he was up to something. Soon enough, two soldiers came with water in big utensils. Before anyone of them could protest, hot boiling water was poured
on them which made them cry hard in anguish. For a person who has never witnessed war, it was cry which would haunt them in dreams.

"Felt the pain? Felt the helplessness? Huh? Did you feel what that young girl of fifteen years old went through when you all forced yourself upon her?" screamed Augustus in anger.

"And on top of it, one of you dared to harm my wife? It will take a second for me to send all of you in hell but no one to decide your punishment. That young girl of whom all of you are culprits would decide the type of death you hooligans deserve. " after throwing last menacing glance at them, he came out of the prison.

He was about to turn when he heard Aurelius's voice who shouted, "Your highness, wait! "