40 | missing hours

Yeonjun~

Yeonjun~

University is definitely stressful.

Where so in Korea, people take it less seriously than high school- it's the complete opposite here. It's like I'm going through that period in life once again, and the pressure is definitely high.

Three in the morning, finally finished doing some reading. I can finally sleep...

I looked at my phone and checked to see if I received a text from Yeji. In fact, I've forgotten to call her this past week- maybe she's mad at me? Silent treatment, is that what they call it?

Yeji💕

Sorry I haven't texted you

I've been very busy

It's okay

I understand

Thank you

You should go to sleep now

Isn't it like 3 there?

Yeah

I just wanted to check up
on you

I'm fine

That's good

Okay, I'll go to sleep

Goodnight

I shut off my lamp and immediately went to bed. I passed out instantly.

__________________________

Yeji~

My heart skipped a beat after Yeonjun texted me. As usual, we had a short and boring conversation. It's not like I could make him stay up for too long- it'll affect his performance in class.

I got up from my bed and took a quick shower, no need to wear makeup if I don't have anyone to impress. I dressed in comfy clothes, getting ready for my first lecture.

My university life has been extremely boring. Without Yeonjun, it's been hard to find something that could entertain me. Yeah, I've been much more productive in my studies- but life shouldn't be all about that. I need action.

It's not like I'm blaming my boyfriend for being so busy all the time, but I just want to talk to him- maybe even see his face. We haven't video chatted in ages, and the only conversations we've had have been so short and dry.

I arrived to my first class and sat at the back, as per usual. Going over some notes before lecture starts, a pretty boy with an extremely innocent face and black hair sat beside me. I don't think I've ever seen him?

"Hi." He smiled at me while taking out his laptop and other supplies.

"Hello... have I seen you before?" I tilted my head, trying to recall.

"I just transferred this semester from Daegu. Probably not- it was very last minute..." he chuckled while rubbing the back of his neck. "I'm Choi Beomgyu, by the way!"

"I'm Kim Yeji. Nice to meet you!" I shook hands with him.

The lecture went by slower than ever. Once it was over, I packed up and quickly left that room. Someone suddenly tapped on my back, making me turn around.

"Are you having lunch? I'm not really familiar with this place. Do you know any good places?" Beomgyu shyly asked.

"There's a few. You know what, why don't you join us? I'm gonna have lunch with my friends- you can meet them too." I told him and he nodded in excitement.

We finally got to the restaurant near our campus, where Soobin and Jisoo beat us already. They were staring weirdly at Beomgyu, not exactly sure how to act.

"Who's your add on this time?" Jisoo crossed her arm.

"Don't be mean!" I hit her arm and she pretended to wince. Beomgyu introduced himself, and so did Soobin and Jisoo.

"Why did you move here?" Soobin smiled at him with his eyes.

"Oh-um, I kinda failed my first semester... it was either Seoul or America. So I picked Seoul, so that I'm still close to my parents."

Good for him.

I wish Yeonjun was like that.

"Aww, you're a family type of person!" Jisoo rested her arm on the table while staring at him. Soobin huffed under his breath, trying to move closer to his girlfriend.

"Baby, what are you doing?" He gazed at her.

"Are you jealous?" She poked his cheeks and chuckled. "You're so cute! I love you so much."

"There they go again..." I sighed and shook my head at them. Beomgyu just chuckled, while the two remained in their own little world. "Do you have a boyfriend?"

"Yeah, I do... he's studying in America right now though." I pouted while telling him. I stared down and noticed the promise ring Yeonjun gave me. Damn, I sure miss him like crazy.

"How could he leave such a beautiful girl like you? It's his lost if you find someone else..."

_________________________

I have school this week smh and then three weeks off after:/

Song: TXT (투모로우바이투게더) — In My Blood (cover)