Introducing Home

Nico

Nico came from the Diamond Pack, so named due to the shape of the Alpha's territory. It was found West along the Giant Worsha river. The river divided the East and the West regions of werewolf lands.

The Eastern wolves had their own way of life. They had their own heritage, culture and traditions that were passed along generation to generation. Eastern wolves had smaller packs and they circulated within their region going north and south as seasons changed. Their cultures were similar amongst tribes and packs of their own and most wolves spoke several languages fluently.

Western wolves had larger packs and liked to live in the same territory no matter the seasons. They built strong houses and raised many children. They looked after one another but contact with the easterners was quite limited. They were content with their lifestyle and never seemed to change.

With larger packs came larger systems and hierarchies. Nico's pack consisted of twelve thousand wolves. The Alpha and Luna were the leaders connected with each and every one of them through blood and mind. They were the high ruling authority along with pack Elders.

The Beta worked under the Alpha and was incharge of all things including pack policies, health and security. Under the Beta were seventy-two Deltas who looked after the community's day to day needs. They resolved issues amongst pack members and reported back to the Beta and Alpha regularly.

Pack members came in all shapes, sizes and personalities. Strict rules were placed to enforce law and werewolf rights. All individuals were treated equally and respectfully. Those who regularly broke rules were punished publically, thus no prisons were ever required. The Alpha of the Diamond Pack was notorious for his swift judgements.

Mates could be found within the werewolf world or from the human world. It was an unspoken rule that the wolf world was to be kept a secret at all cost. The wolf world interacted deeply with the human world only when wolves found mates amongst the humans. These human mates were brought to and were introduced to the wolf world gradually. Wolf offspring produced through humans were generally wolf pups. They were physically weaker but of higher intellect. They were dubbed Omegas.

Nico's mother was of the human world and his father was wolf. Thus Nico was an Omega. Omegas were rare but were supported by the pack for their intellect. Alphas and Lunas respected Omegas for their sharp wit and strategizing abilities. Omegas were never placed in front lines during ancient wars but were carefully protected for their jewel: Their knowledge.

Next to the Diamond pack were two other neighboring territories of two Alphas. One was the Bloodmoon Pack, the other were the Suwariis pack. A smaller river divided the Diamond pack from the Suwariis. Thus trade was mostly done via ships alone. The three packs existed quite harmoniously. Alpha and Luna of the Bloodmoon pack were often invited to events taking place in Nicos pack; one of them being Sarah's wedding.

Since the Suwarii's had to cross a river everytime for these events, their presence was often limited. The Suwarii's Alpha was blessed with nine hundred years of age and his head was full of white locks. It was often heard that he had a son willing to take over from his father.

Between the packs' territories stood the no-mans land. This is where human thieves and rouges thrived best.

Nico learnt all these details at school and was able to retain almost a hundred percent of information. His favorite hobby was to read books in his free time, when ever he got any, that is. He had read almost every book in his schools library and had now joined a community library. Sometimes the librarian asked for his help in book keeping, other times it was with reading to children on special nights. Nico loved children. He sometimes felt like children were magnetically attracted to him. He often found himself making faces at them while standing in ques for a bus or his early morning orange juice. This same love for children had inspired him to be a Speech-Language Pathologist.

Today Nico sat with his legs curled under him on a cozy sofa. A classic human novel titled "Pride and Prejudice" was in his hands. He was deep into the Austen world when the doorbell rang.

Emma's steps were heard rushing across the floor. She had come home for the weekend.

"I'll get it!" She annouced before almost hitting the door in her excitement. Nico snickered. Shortly after, he heard squeals of two girls meeting each other after two weeks. He knew the other girl's voice like the back of his hand. Nico could even tell apart their breathing from experience.

Emma emerged with her arm around Sarah's neck, grinning conspiratorily.
"Tell me all about it!" She exclaimed while dragging the she-wolf opposite Nico's sofa and plopping down satisfactorily with her friend. Nico raised his eyes from the book and lifted his eyebrows at the blonde woman before uncurling himself off the sofa.

"It was magical! Amazing! Beautiful! And so romantic!" The blonde proclaimed dreamily in one breath before sighing dramatically. "I swear Nico! The Suwarii's are better people than us. They have the best food and music and their going-to-be Alpha is so dreamy!"

Nico's eyes rounded slightly. "You were on a honeymoon with your mate!" He exclaimed.

"I was only looking at him through your eyes!" Was Sarah's satisfying reply. It was no secret to his loved ones that Nico was attracted to the same gender. No matter how much he had tried to hide the fact, it somehow came up as a topic of discussion which lead to Nico over thinking and feeling lonely and hurt.

Before his best friend started discussing the young Alpha male, Nico walked to her before placing himself heavily across her lap. He grinned his huge grin that he knew would annoy Sarah beyond belief. He kissed both his best friend's cheeks and told her how much she had grown since the last time he met her two weeks ago. So much so that he actually saw grey hair on her head.

Sarah swatted him away until he fell down and then sat on top of his belly to make sure he wouldn't move.

"Take that back!" She screamed.

"Never!" He shouted back while taking deep breaths. Sarah started to tickle his sides.

"Now!" She commanded.

"NO! You're a woman now Sarah! You're mated and married and back from your honeymoon! You're OLD!" Nico spoke between laughter from Sarah's constant tickling.

"FINE! NICO WULF TAILOR! I'M GONNA TELL MOM!" Nico rolled his eyes.

"Oh I'm SO terrified!" He squealed from beneath her. Emma rolled her eyes at both of them from the sofa.

"You should be! I have it in writing from her that the next time you tease me- the perect wolf that I am- She is going to smack you. In fact, THAT  promise was my wedding gift from her."

"I'll ask her myself. I don't trust your slimy butt for one minute!" Nico huffed. Sarah swiftly got off him with a smirk, knowing full well that the Omega couldn't bear her weight any longer. Nico narrowed his eyes at her before taking her extended hand to stand up.

Emma had opened a bottle of were-wine and was pouring it in three glasses. They joined her in the kitchenette to drink. The small suite was painted in navy blue hue because that was Nico's all time favorite color.

"Are those new boots I see?" Nico asked over his glass, thrilled while staring at his best friend's feet. Sarah was wearing black and green snake skin boots that reached her shins.

"They were a gift from Jay."

"You were drooling all over them, weren't you?"

"No." She lied.