Meeting Home

Nico

Nico was working with Bushra, a muslim human girl who had come to his clinic to have her articulation disorder corrected. He was telling her about the correct placement of the tongue while producing 'r' sound using worksheets, when his phone began to ring incessantly (He left it on for emergencies). After rejecting the call two times, he figured there might be something wrong with Sarah or perhaps there might be an emergency with Emma or Nina. He quickly apologized to Bushra's mom- who seemed more than understanding- and went out to call Sarah back. She picked on the first ring.

"Hello Sarah! Are you alright?" Nico asked, worried.

"Nico! Yes, you turd! Why didn't you pick up?"

"I was busy with a patient. What happened? She's still waiting for me Sarah. I thought something was wrong."

"Oh right! I'm sorry, sweet" She breathed heavily before starting again; Nico assumed she was exercising. "Apparently Alpha called the Suwarii Alpha to let him know that Nina had trouble on the way, I think the old man blew a fuse- he is coming to our pack now to personally take Nina back."

"I can see Emma has been gossiping."

"Oh no! I went up to your place to borrow your mixer-thanks by the way- and Nina opened the door."

"I have a little girl waiting for me Sarah!"

"Just think about it! The Suwarii alpha can't travel, hes old naa, so he's going to send his hunk of a son-"

Nico dropped the call and rolled his eyes. Typical Sarah behavior. She still had a week off of work and was making the best of it. He mentally pitied Jay who had to live with Nico's beast of a best friend for the rest of his life.

Nico's day flew by and when the clock struck five, he was so tired he almost crawled back home. Emma was still at home and she had been preparing a small bag for her to take back to her dorm room. Nina was on the sofa, slurping loudly from a bowl of hot soup she held in her hands. After taking a bath and changing into his favorite sweats with a cookie monster shirt, Nico crashed on his favorite spot on the sofa and felt himself sinking into it. Nina smiled and handed him a bowl of soup with little crutons in it. Nico thanked her and asked how her day had been. She seemed like she was in a good mood.

"I met him!" She all but burst and Nico wondered how long she had waited to tell him. It had been three days since Nina had come to live with them and Nico and Emma had bonded with Nina as if she were a long lost sibling.

They talked about both packs and Nina explained how both were similar and different. She explained in great detail how the weather and land were both different. She also noticed a few cultural differences, like how people greeted each other and interacted with one another. According to her, her pack members were a little more reserved and formal initiating relationships and became warm when they really got to know their friends. She was overjoyed that such restraints were not necessary in the Diamond Pack.

Nina was often seen admiring and praising the things she saw, heard, felt, and even tasted, when Emma and Nico had taken her out on a tour of the pack lands. She used words like 'catchy', 'sophisticated' and 'fond' a lot when she talked about something she 'adored'. Oft-times her conversation included the important people in her life: her father and brother, so much so that Nico was sure she had them wrapped tightly around her pinky.

Nico sat up straight with a grin, "Who is it?"

"Well," Nina smiled and tilted her head sidways, "His name is Alakay."

"ALAKAY?!!" Nico exclaimed and turned to find Emma, "Our Alakay?"

Emma was coming out of room when she caught the drift of the conversation, "Yeah, I went to say bye before leaving again and took Nina with me. Small world!" Emma was leaving for her University in a few hours, she had been on her fall break that had lasted for a week. "You should have seen them both," she said and rolled her eyes, "they were all over each other!"

"We weren't all over each other!" Declared Nina with flushed cheeks. Emma gestured that they completely were all over each other behind Nina's back and quickly turned to put something in her bag before Nina could catch her.

Nico wanted to tease the young wolf just to see her flustered- which would be a miracle. "Do you think he's hot?" He remarked slyly. Emma grinned evilly in the background catching the drift.

"What?" Questioned the young wolf, taken off guard. "Yes, he is rather cute."

"How cute?" Nico asked with a straight face.

"Very." She professed. Her cheeks were aflame by now and she was avoiding Nico's eyes.

"Did you mark him?" He wondered.

"Yes, he's mine." she declared. Nico could hear possessiveness. He thought it was so cute coming from one so young.

Apparently, Emma didn't know that Nina had marked Alakay. "Oh my Goddess!!! You marked him? WHEN?!!" She exclaimed.

"He asked whether we could talk outside the café while you were getting drinks and I followed him into the garden alcove. He claimed me there and asked permission to mark me. I said yes." Nina explained in detail, looking down at the carpet and rubbing her hands nervously. Nico could hear that she was content and at peace with the choice of mate Goddess had given her. It was the greatest gift after all!

"Nina," he muttered with a genuine smile, extending his hand to hold hers, "I am very happy for you." Nina looked up, smiled warmly and hugged him. Emma came behind her and squeezed them all together in a tighter hug. There was a knock at the door and they broke up. Emma rushed to the door.

"What is it with you and opening doors?!!" Nico shouted, glaring at his sister.

"Better me than you!" She threw back. Nico scoffed and scowled in her direction.

"She's right, you know." Nina mouthed. Nico turned the scowl her way. How dare they! He was fierce! He was the night! He will show them! His thoughts were cut short when he heard a familiar voice at the door. He turned to bow to his Alpha and saw another tall man standing next to him. Nico felt like his oxygen supply was being cut short. He felt like he was flying and falling at the same time. There was no saving him. His heart was well past being rescued, for standing before him, was his soulmate.