Two - Neighbours

"Sweet baby Jesus, I'm exhausted!" I moan as I flop onto the couch.

"All you were doing was putting your clothes away." Waverly giggles from the red and white tiled kitchen where she is creating meal plans.

She is definitely the more organised and wifey one of the two of us.

"True." I agree. "Although you know I hate hanging up clothes with a passion. Oh well, at least I am mostly unpacked now." I shrug feeling relieved. My clothes were definitely the most I had to unpack.

"So... What should we do for our first night at college?" I ask as I snuggle up on the brown leather sofa, turning to see Waverly who is perched at the granite counter by the hob.

"I'm thinking sleep considering classes start tomorrow and I want to be prepared. First impressions last." Waverly reminds me as she moves to sit next to me.

"Well I was more thinking along the lines of cracking open that bottle of Malibu I 'borrowed' from Kai." I reveal with a wicked grin.

"Chanel Grace Brook! You're terrible!" Waverly gasps with an amused smile as she plops down on the sofa next to me.

We are both quiet for a moment as we watch the orange sun surrounded by rolling grey clouds start to fade beneath the many mountains of steel. We are fortunate enough to have a small balcony connecting to our lounge, which is only large enough to stand out on, but is a welcome addition to our little home.

"Shall we see what's on TV?" I suggest after a minute, when suddenly there is an extravagant knock on the door.

"Are you expecting anyone Nell?" Waverley asks with a cute frown.

"No, you?" I reply as with a groan I peel myself from the couch and make my way to the door, dodging the remaining boxes of our belongings.

"Nope. Maybe it's your brothers?" She asks hopefully as she warily follows me.

I shrug before pulling the door open, surprised to see a beautiful black girl standing sassily outside.

"Erm hello?" I ask as she sizes me up.

I feel a little self-conscious in sweats, a messy bun and probably stained jumper, when she looks like a rock star in leather trousers and a tank top her breasts are practically spilling out of. Her makeup is a level of flawless I can only dream of achieving, emphasising her hazel eyes and plump lips. Her eyes scan me before her face lights up in a bright smile and she offers me her hand.

"Hey! I'm your neighbour Roxanne. You don't look like an annoying bitch so I'm spending the evening with you. Oh, and you, hey girl." Roxanne announces as she waves to Waverly who shyly waves back.

"Oh... ok." I stutter, surprised by her forwardness.

"So can I come in?" She asks as she raises her perfectly sculpted left eyebrow, making me insanely jealous. How do people do that?

"Oh... sure." I shrug and step aside seeing as she's already made up her mind.

Just as she makes her way in, the next apartment to the right of us opens and a girl in a pair of ridiculous high heels and a tiny sparkly dress stumbles out. She catches me looking and scoffs at my appearance making me blush embarrassedly. Roxanne turns around to see who it is, sneering when she sees the dark-haired girl with bright red lips.

"Have fun being a whore tonight Sofia." Roxanne calls out mockingly before turning her attention back to us. "Don't worry; she's my bitchy room mate. I pulled the short straw with that one." Roxanne explains as Sofia gasps.

"As if you're any better!" She snaps with a strong Italian accent, looking incensed. "Ugh whatever, I have to go, I've got a dick appointment." She announces as she flips her straightened black hair behind her shoulder, and teeters off down the corridor bathing in yellow light.