Eight - The First Party Part 1

I can't believe its Saturday already! This week has flown by, and if you take Zander out of the equation, I'd say it has gone really well! I'm just trying to put him out of my mind, although I can never truly forget him. Tonight it is my colleague John and his roommate's party, and I'm wondering if Zander is going to be there. I'm undecided on whether I want to see him or not, and if Viv is with him then I definitely don't! She will probably try to seduce him into doing the horizontal tango with her, which I certainly don't want to be around to see. I am still going anyway though, as I can't let him hold me back!

I am strong independent woman. Most days anyway.

I am dragging Waverly to the party tonight, which she is quite nervous about. She isn't much of a social butterfly, but I won't leave her alone. She needs to talk to more people then just my brothers, her parents, Zander, Roxanne and me. I have decided to give Roxanne the totally awesome nickname of Roxie, which she hasn't grumbled too much about. She totally reminds me of a rock chick, and I wouldn't be surprised if one day she ended up on a tour bus taking the country by storm with her soulful vocals.

Roxie and Holea got ready with us tonight in our apartment. Both girls have taken 'hot' to a whole new level. Holea is wearing an eyebrow raising crochet top with leather trousers and stilettos. Her pink highlights look awesome twisted into a sleek bun, and her eyeliner makes her swallowtail eyes look brighter and appear larger. Roxie is wearing a white bandeau top without a bra, paired with black PVC shorts, which she has purposefully left undone exposing her lacy thong. Compared to them I look like the Virgin Mary, wearing mom jeans (but are still flattering on the bum), wedges and a silver glittery crop top that has an open back. I am not brave enough to dress too provocatively, which definitely surprises Holea and Roxie. Waverly is also dressed modestly wearing a snake print flare skirt to her knees with a big chunky belt and simple white crop top. She has put her wild afro hair up into a bun, and she looks gorgeous.

We have now arrived at the party, only three hours late. You could hear the thumping music and drunken cheers from the street below, and I wonder how long it will take someone to make a noise complaint and the police to arrive. As we walk in I am immediately hit by the stuffy atmosphere and darkness, as there are only neon lights lighting up the whole apartment. There are so many bodies jam packed in here that I immediately feel a little sweaty, which is mildly gross. Everyone is moving, talking and drinking causing a cacophony of noise. The music is escaping from every open window and door, and I fight the urge to cover my ears as it is so loud. We all link arms and squish through the crowds which is not a pleasant experience - I get bumped into more then once, and it feels like I can't move without being touched somehow. When we finally get into the kitchen there is a game of beer pong set up with a rowdy crowd cheering on the players. I feel quite sick as we pass a couple sloppily making out on one of the kitchen counters, but my attention is quickly bought by loud cheers, and looking over I see some girl twerking with her skirt only covering half her ass. This is certainly a step up from high school parties!

Glancing back at Waverly I see her eyes are open wide in disbelief, and I relate to her feeling of not belonging. The suggestive dancing, flamboyant drunks and general rowdiness doesn't really appeal to me. The music gets more intense and impossibly louder as we enter further into the room. My heart actually feels like it is vibrating, which cannot be healthy!

"What drink do you want?" Roxie shouts to me as we reach the drinks counter and she adds her own alcohol to the pile.

Of course, I am not technically allowed to drink in America, but it is legal in England, which is totally not fair!

"Not anything too strong please." I shout back, as this party is already pretty wild at ten o'clock, so I want to have my wits about me as we get deeper into the night.