Chapter Seven: Playtime 🎈

Oh! Don't mind me, as I totally did not forget about this story for a little while because I certainly didn't watch Phantom of the Opera and read the book, and I 100% assure you all that I'm definitely not writing an x reader with the Phantom and haven't been completely put in a mood by 'point of no return', all of that is most certainly not a thing I've been doing over the last two and a half weeks.

But I'm back! From beyond that point of no return. 👻
Wolulululululu~
~ 💮 Masky

~It

"My, my you've got a large family" Pennywise watched at a great distance, you and quite a number of extended family playing with you and your cousin Sally. Laughing Jack having a back for invisibility from the citizens of Derry, same with Candy Pop. Lolli was to small and unassuming for people to take notice of her helping you kids to pack snow into molds. Now Sally, she was already dead. She presented her self as a pretty-in-pink girl and acted no different.

But all could be seen by Pennywise. This was It's home turf and seeing through the illusions of your family was child's play to It. However out of them all It disliked Candy Pop's presence the most, then your father, then Lolli. All had vastly darker nature's than they showed, LJ wore his personality almost literally on his sleeve and so did Sally.
And you? It still could not devine what was different with you, aside from your family and lack of holding onto fear.

It watched your family loosely while they remained in town, staying out of your dreams for the time being. It hunted and observed and also had some fun scaring some kids you'd eventually find yourself friends with.

This was a calm waiting game that was keeping It from feasting with the same fury as always

Your family took nothing from It's game preserve while visiting.

So the strong uncertainty it had felt while they resided faded into nothing very quickly, but it wouldn't bother with you until the spring melt or if you stopped by It's home on your own, which ever came first.

~The Reader

~January 16th~

Snow still blanketed the ground, your uncle Jack had stayed until New Years day, so you were kept very distracted and took absolute zero notice of the lack of a stalking, Child-Eating, killer clown from outer space. The winter remained largely uneventful for you, mostly just listening to insults from Gretta and her friends. You did get to talk a little more with Beverly Marsh after the two of you figured out that, that bitch Gretta tortured both of you.

The weather was getting a little warmer, a little sunnier everyday. Obviously it was still well bellow freezing, but it'd only be two, three more months and the temperature would beguin inching into the forties and maybe even tickle the fifties.

So what were you doing on this particular day?

Well you felt strangely compelled to go explore the town while it was still afrozen wasteland. To were you didn't, but you were taking an indirect route to Nibolt Street.

You were a bit lucky that you had unwavering trust from your father, or else he might've been tempted to send Licorice to follow you. So many things would've been different if the mouse had watched you.