Chapter Three: Snow Fright

🎶 Pink Elephants on Parade 🎶
~ 💮 Masky

Winter, 1956

~The Reader

"I'll pick you up in an hour, Baby Doll. Don't go wandering off."

Your father had left you in the park to play in the snow. There were other kids around, but they simply ignored your existence. So you were making a snowman by yourself.

You would've loved to say that you didn't mind that you were practically invisible to other kids, but you hated it. They didn't have to be your friend, or even play with you all that often, but you just wanted one of them to give you attention once in a while.

You sighed, blowing out a white puff of fog, looking up to the sky. There clouds were still overhead and they appeared to be getting darker. They looked so ominous.

You smiled a bit thinking of your birthday celebration last year. It was so much fun getting to play in fresh snow, lit up by the full moon's light. Though as you thought about it, it reminded you that you've never once had a friend be at your birthday party.

"Mmm... I'll change that." you mumbled under your breath, pushing the snow ball that would be the midsection of the snowman around. "Yup, I'll have at least one friend by the end of summer." you told yourself, talking low but more distinct.

"Mmm... I'll staring trying after the new year anyways..." You mumbled again. You were gifted with gab when it came to teachers, most of them, but your tongue was tied when talking to other kids. Even little kids were a struggle to talk to.

You looked around, rolling the midsection over to your snowman, and saw that there were a few less groups of kids hanging around. You puffed out another cloud of Carbon and turned back to your snowman.

You yelped and landed on your rear. There was a cute, little, curly haired blonde girl staring at you with huge blue eyes and pretty pale skin. She wore a thick grey-blue winter coat, with grey fur popping out if it. Big thick gloves if a matching color and a pink and blue crochet can, with a white ball dangling from the top.

She giggled putting hear hands together, as best she could with those gloves. "Hiya, scaredy cat~!" she sounded so bubbly, giggly, girly.

Blush from embarrassment rushed into your cheek, making them a little darker red than they already were from the ice cold air. "Oi'm Not a scaredy cat!" you huffed, fumbling to your feet. "You just surprised me is all." you defended yourself quickly, unsure if it was the truth or not... Well... It was close enough to the truth.

"Surreeee~" She giggled more. "What's you're name, Dandy ~?" you swayed in her spot, hands linked together in front of her stomach.

You narrowed your eyes at her, feeling so annoyed by 'dandy', you heard it enough behind your back from the less caring teachers and from older kids. "Oi'm not a dandy, don't call me that." your accent suddenly decided to pick up it's strength just to add to your frustration.

She looked surprised, innocently accepting what the adults said to be the proper way to address people. Clearly from her looks and high quality winter clothes, she heard quite rude and insulting words and was just a bit too young to understand.

"Myyy Name's (Y/n)." you struggled to pull back from your accent, to sound a little more 'American'.

She frowned looking pouty. "My name's Alice." She declared with quite a privileged tone.

"Okay, well wot do you want from me, Alice?" You asked, working on picking up the midsection of your snowman.

"I want to play!" She giggled watching you exert yourself to pick up the heavy mass of snow and place it on the base.

"Why do you want to play with me?" You asked, grunting with effort, now making sure the mass of snow wouldn't topple over.

"Because you tried getting away from me, (Y/n)."

You twitched hearing the clown from the storm drain's voice.

You looked at her and her face was now white with greasepaint, with Pouty red lips and red lines over her cheeks and over her eyes. Her blue eyes were now orange, and her winter coat turned white with red pompom puff down the center.

You yelled, attempting to back away, but slipped on the packed down snow. You desperately pinwheeled your arms behind you to lessen the impact, but your rear crashed into the ground before you had a chance to catch yourself.

"Awww, (Y/n), play and float with me!" She? squealed, putting her? hands behind her? back.

You whined scouting backwards away from her, kicking up snow and small chunks of dirt with your feet, in a blind panic now.

"C'mon! Play with me, or I'll tell your secret ~" She started laughing wildly, looking down at you. "Everyone at school will just love to hear it! " her smile grew wider, twisted, and her teeth seemed to get sharper, almost like shark's teeth. She started talking short, skipping steps towards you. You had gotten a few feet between you, but now she was getting close very quickly.

You wanted to scream, but you were to fearful at the moment to do that. You managed to negotiate your way up to your feet when she grabbed your sleeve.

"Let go!" you cried, trying to pull away from her, but she had a surprisingly strong grip on your coat. "Stop!"

"If only you'd say that to your, daddy. But if you did he'd be so disappointed, wouldn't he?" she growled, sliding around as you pulled to free yourself. "He wanted a cute, little girl didn't he?" her voice lowered to something almost inhuman.

"SHUT IT!" You yelled and slapped her. There was an extremely audible 'smack' from your open hand striking her cheek. She froze in shock.

Then you, 'shamefully', bit her hand like you were an animal and she let go, crying out in pain. You almost fell over backwards but caught your balance, then when you went running towards the street that held your home, you almost fell forwards.

You huffed and puffed out white carbon as you ran, tears starting to build up at the corners of your eyes. You held out till you clambered through the door of your room. It hadn't heard your father's voice when you came bursting into the building, so you kind of hoped he was out... And you hoped he wouldn't be mad at you for coming back on your own.

You slammed your door shut and panted, tears starting to blur your vision and stream down your cheek. Your legs hurt, your bottom hurt and so did your lungs and heart.

You gritted your teeth and locked the door. You also looked your side of the bathroom door.

You stumbled backwards to your bed and slumped to the floor. You sobbed loudly for a moment or two, before getting enough strength to pull your knees close enough to hug.

Then you let loose a flood of tears.

All alone in your room.

I'm not that proud of the pacing this particular chapter has compared to the overall planned story, but eh... I'm not terribly worried about it.
It's more than half decent enough for my standards.
Hope it's going good. Because soon were gonna meet some of the losers club ~ 💮 Masky