5- A Discovery That Could've Waited

When Draco awoke, he wan't surrounded, but completely alone. He preferred it that way, it meant he could recover quietly. He rose from his bed, careful to take his time, not wanting to fall over from head rush. He got to his feet fairly easily, no dramatic falls. He made his way to the wardrobe and selected an outfit he found appropriate for the occasion. He was going to Diagon Alley for school supplies.

He had his list of books and other supplies tucked away safely in the pocket of his robes. Unlike others such as the Weasley's and Potter, maybe even Granger, he did not wear muggle-like attire anywhere public. He only ever wore the clothes around family and close friends, or when he was by himself. Obviously, he wore clothes beneath his robes, but they were always wizard style clothes, the most casual one could get in the wizarding world. For school, he wore the uniformed clothes underneath his uniform, but for every other set of robes, it was difficult to find casual under layers.

When Draco reached the fireplace, he yelled through the manor where he was going, not really caring if anybody heard. It was still fairly early for this household, so he wasn't sure if anyone was actually awake. Never the less, he stepped into the heath, dropped a handful of Floo powder, and stepped out at the Leaky Cauldron. What shocked him was that he had arrived just as somebody had left, so he saw them fleetingly stood beside him before they disappeared. That somebody had looked oddly like Harry Potter, but he dismissed the thought before it could go anywhere important.

Draco stepped into Diagon Alley and walked around for about 2 hours, collecting his school supplies as he went. As he paid for them, he had them sent to his room at the manor via magic. Finally, he only had to get his uniform. He went to Madame Malkin's and got two robes for warmer weather and one for the winter. He wasn't sure why he got so little, the urge just struck him. I swear, if this is a soulmate thing I may just go insane. Draco thought as he went to leave the shop. His wardrobe was sacred to him, and angel or not, he would never give that up. His soulmate would be learning a thing or two about fashion when they met.

Just before he left, he noticed an outfit that had been put on recently. It stopped him in his tracks, and caused him to turn and admire it. He didn't know why, but he thought he recognized it for some peculiar reason. It was torn black skinny jeans, a red long sleeve shirt, a woolen jumper hung loosely around the waist and black combat boots for footwear. Although it was Gryffindor red, the color was oddly appealing to Draco all of a sudden.

"Madame Malkin, how much does this particular piece cost?" Draco turned to the lady who had begun to approach him when he had paused during his near departure. She looked at him curiously, wondering why a Malfoy of all people would want to purchase muggle attire, and in Gryffindor red no less! She then remembered earlier that day and a thought came to her. It may have seemed strange and totally unrealistic, but she was sure all the same.

Only soulmates had such similar taste in fashion.

Breaking herself from her trance, she responded with an identical price to the boy she had fitted only hours earlier. "Ten galleons, Mr Malfoy. And may I ask you a question? Not to be intrusive, of course. Just curious."

"Of course, Madame. You have been such a help to me with my uniforms and choice of clothing for many years now. Answering a simple question is the least I can do. But first, here is the payment for this piece." Draco handed over the galleons, watching patiently as the middle aged witch packed the clothing and sent it to the manor with the rest of his shopping with a flick of her wand.

Malkin turned to the 16 year old boy in front of her, unsure as to whether or not she should ask her question. Her curiosity got the better of her after a momentary battle with her reasonable side. Without hesitating, she blurted, "Are you by any chance an angel?" By the look of shock on Draco's face, she knew she was correct. Malkin didn't know why she had said angel instead of magical creature, but that unintentional slip up gave her curiosity even more news to lap up.

"How do you know such things?" Fury was clear across the Malfoy heir's features as he glared intensely at the witch before him. She may have been far more talented than he was and had the legal right to use her magic, but that did not mean Draco would cower from beating the answer out of her the muggle way.

"Now don't get mad, dear boy. It was only a question." She reached out and helped Draco calm himself down before continuing her explanation. "I had a customer earlier today, your age, who picked the same exact outfit but with one slight difference. His shirt was Slytherin green."

At her final words, Draco caught on to what she was implying. His soulmate. It was a small part of angel legend that both ends of the bond would find themselves dressing similar, even if they did not intend to. It was another way you could find your soulmate, as well as the dreams and bursts of pain. This was just excellent, because the colors Madame Malkin had described gave him the perfect excuse to leave. He muttered a thanks for the clothes and left the shop without looking back. He could literally feel her concerned gaze on the back of his head as he walked all the way back to the Leaky Cauldron.

Draco cursed himself for actually hoping for a half decent soulmate. Gryffindor red and Slytherin green, except he got the red. That literally meant he was supposed to be with a Gryffindor. And these facts only boosted the suspicion he had been desperately trying to prove wrong.

That Harry Potter was his soulmate.

Well so much for an easy year at Hogwarts. He now not only had to keep his inheritance a secret, but also make Potter his mate, or suffer insurmountable pain for the rest of his life. And he had to do all that whilst not getting rejected unintentionally and committing suicide. Whoever created his destiny and wrote it out for him could go fuck themselves. They had given him the worst future of all. Surely being in the same building as Potter would ease that weekly pain to some extent, right? Draco couldn't believe he was saying this, no matter how much of a smart ass he was.

He was looking forward to returning to Hogwarts.

(A/N- I'm sorry if their are any mistakes in this, I couldn't be bothered to check this one over again. If you see any, please comment about them so i can correct them ASAP. Thanks :) CJ x)