7- The Game And The Love In The Air

After a moment of adjusting their seating to be more comfortable, Harry broke the momentary quiet. Now , a truce with his now former enemies didn't delete nearly 6 years of hatred, so Harry took the safest route he could think of in a game of truth or dare and asked one of his pre-existing friends the first question. After all, he suggested the game to begin with, he should be the one to start it. "Ron, truth or dare?"

Ron plastered a look of thought onto his face and even went as far as pretending to stroke an imaginary beard. Whilst he was doing this, everybody reacted in different ways. Draco and Blaise looked almost disgusted at the mockery, Hermione and Harry attempted and failed to hide a small smirk, but Pansy shocked everyone. She semmed to almost emit a slight giggle but badly covered it with a cough. Everybody looked at her astonished, falling back into a silence not built on awkward feelings but shock. Pansy giggled?!

Realizing what she had done, Pansy gathered herself together and reinstated her usual blank expression, glaring at the Gryffindors in her presence as her eyes passed over them."Well? Continue the stupid game Weasel, we don't have all day." At the comment, the populationm of the compartment jumped, literally, out of their trance. All but Ron, that is, who painfully slowly turned to face Harry, his face slightly contorted with confusion.

"Truth..." His answer faded into the air, but it didn't surprise any of them. He had made Pansy Parkinson giggle at one of the most basic jokes in the book, one that Blaise and Draco had put to use on multiple occasions. Even they, some of Pansy's closer friends, could never imagine her giggling, let alone make her. Harry had yet to regain his full sense of speeh, so Draco decided to bring everyone back down to Earth with a basic but effective snarky comment.

"Chicken." It may have only been one word, but it did the trick. Pansy and Blaise smirked, knowing full well what Draco was trying to do, and Hermione and Harry looked over at each other with part amused, part worried expressions. Ron, on the other hand, was turning a shade of red to match his hair. Just as he went to yell at Draco, Harry cut in, not wanting to suffer more shouting. A few weeks at the Dursley's supplied enough shouting matches to last him a lifetime.

"If you had to make out with one of the Slytherin students in this compartment, who would you choose?" It was a genuine question, as Harry was curious to see if Ron would abide by his claim of one hundred percent straight and go for Pansy, a death wish, or suffer the consequence of being slightly gay and go for Blaise or Draco. Everyone looked at Ron in interest, also curious about his answer, and Harry suddenly felt as though he would rip Ron's head of if he said Draco. This feeling startled him, so he pushed it back down and listened to his friend reply.

"Easy. Pansy because she would either be loads of fun or kill me in my sleep. Actually, I may not even get the pleasure of being killed in my sleep, she would kill me on the spot." As he finished, Pansy did that giggle-cough thing again, but covered it up a lot better this time. She nodded her head casually, agreeing with Ron that his diagnosis was accurate. Too accurate. "Now my turn. Pansy, truth or dare?"

"I am no chicken, so dare." Her voice was confident, but deep down she was worried her slight crush on the youngest male Weasley was about to be revealed. She barely paid attention to what was being said, and was extremely confused when everyone looked at her in expectation. Damn it, now she looked like an idiot. "I'm sorry, what? I wasn't listening." Draco and Blaise tried to hide their smiles, but failed. They were so screwed when she got them alone.

"I said," Ron broke her death glare, to her dismay. "I dare you to kiss one of the Gryffindors in your company." His face clearly stated there was some hidden reasoning to this dare, but Pansy couldn't focus on that right now. This was a disaster. How could she do this. Hermione was a gril and Pansy was straight, so that was ruled out. Even if she just kissed her on the cheek, Draco and Blaise would call her chicken, so she had to do it properly the first time around. Before the three additions had arrived, Draco had been telling them about what he was and that his mate was Gryffindor, and based off of the look he and Harry shared when the door opened, it wasn't hard to guess who. So that left Ron. Great.