P10

You were semi blinded when you opened your eyes from the light. You slowly adjusted to the hospital lights, you glanced around the room. Jay was fully asleep, his whole body contorted in the chair as he used his jacket as a pillow. You could hear the soft sounds of his snoring.

You were pathetically in love with him. You didn't know why but you started crying. It was silent but it started getting louder waking up Jay.

"What's wrong," He launched himself out the chair, sitting next to you. You started laughing hysterically, he still was half asleep.

"Nothing, I think the tears are from earlier today," He gave you a warm smile, touching your cold hands.

"The doctor says you were dehydrated but with everything your body shut down, he says your fine now with a little help from liquids," he told you. You put your head down taking in deep breaths. "I didn't want to leave until you woke up,"

"Jay, I have to tell you-"

"can I say something-" Both you started, making both of you laugh. You told him to go ahead. Jay sat at the end of the bed, thinking about what he was about to say.

"When you were taken, I couldn't think straight," he licked his lips, nibbling his bottom lip. "all I could think about, was you," his voice quivered. "I was terrified I would lose you because I was scared to admit it,"

"admit what," you whispered. You felt that the only thing you'd be able to hear was your heart rate.

"admit that I love you," You pulled him into a kiss. Jsy froze up for a second not knowing, you had feelings for him. As he slowly adjusted, he started kissing you back, moving in closer to you. You slid your hand to the back of his neck, deepening the kiss.

You let go, taking in a breath. "Um I take it that there are no feelings for Hailey," You mumbled, making him smile.

——

"Hank please I just want to talk to him," You begged Hank. Hank had put Dudley in the cage, wanting to give him a talk.

"Literally three days ago this man held you, hostage," It's been two days since you were held hostage and even though you knew you were safe, Dudley lingered in your mind, giving you night terrors. You wanted to talk to him, tell him that you won.

"And I want to tell him that he didn't break me," You knew that he thought he did break you. You also weren't gonna lie, he almost did. With reluctance, he let you go downstairs, alone.

Dudley smiled, as he saw you come in. Walking up the cell, your face remained stone cold. "Such a wonderful sight," He joked. "Did you miss me?" You looked at him disgusted.

"You're gonna be in jail for the rest of your life," stuffing your hands into your pockets, you walked closer. "no one will visit, you will die alone in there, your own son disgusted of who you are,"

"My son would never leave his father," he answered. In his mind, his son would be there with him.

"Is that why he's telling the police right now what you did to those girls?" After picking up J.T, he told the police what Dudley did to those girls. How those horrifying thoughts would haunt the little boy for the rest of his life.

"he's gonna follow in his father's footsteps," Dudley stood up, grabbing on to the cell door. "I was showing him how to be a real man," It was your turn to laugh now.

"he's more of a man right now than you ever will be," Dudley wet his lips.

"I was man enough to destroy you."

"that's where you're wrong, I'm not broken," You wiped the tears away. You made your peace and it was time for you to go. "I hope you rot in prison,"

Hank came into the room, bringing Brooks with him. "I brought you a buddy while you two wait to be transported to your forever home." He put Brooks in the same cell as Dudley. Brooks held his head down, steering more to the corner. Hank held on to you, moving you outside.

Jay was waiting outside for you, checking his phone, you walked up to him giving him a kiss on the cheek. "How do you feel,"

"Better," you told him truthfully. You knew you could finally move on with your life, starting by finishing those finals and starting Police Academy. You two held each other's hand, walking outside.

"You know I missed that smile," he told you, only making your smile wider.

He stopped both of you, placing his finger under your chin. He leaned closer, hovering his lips to yours. Leaning forward you closed the space, his lips soft, mixing it with the scruff of his beard. You heard yelling coming from the cells down the hall before seeing cops running towards them. Jay joined them, you following close behind.

Jay tried to cover your eyes, preventing you from seeing anything else but it was no use, your memory would forever be scarred from this. The scene was horrible, Dudley's body laid limp on the ground, his face bashed in making him unrecognizable, there was blood splattered everywhere, staining everything in its path.

Brooks's eyes remained lifeless as he stared at the body, his face covered in Dudley's blood. "I thought I was being protected," He sat down on the chair, a small smile appearing on his face.

"Let's go," You walked away, as Jay called Hank.

————

You sat on your couch, resting your head against the pillows. Jay brought you home, making you Hot cocoa. He handed you the mug, sitting down next to you.

"What's making you smile?" he asked you.

"I'm happy," It was weird, everything was happening quickly, you were kidnapped, tortured and almost killed, but Jay and you were a thing, you passed your finals, and on your way into going into the police academy, all in a week.

"You are allowed to be happy you know," he said, resting his hand on top of yours. Taking a sip of your drink, you relished in Jay's capabilities with hot cocoa. He smirked, looking into your eyes before landing on your lips.

"There's that Halstead look," you teased, drinking the cocoa. He started smiling before teasing.

"Oh there's the Halstead-" he mimicked you. You nodded, backing away from Jay's grasp. He launched forward, chasing you around the room. You squealed, as he grabbed you by the waist, pulling you to him. He pressed you against the counter, nuzzling his head against your neck.

"I love you, Jay Halstead," You never thought that life would swing this way but you were happy it did.

"I love you (Y/N)(Y/L/N)" he leaned in hovering his lips over yours. He kissed you melting any other thoughts from your mind.