Eavesdropping

"Dude chill" Nate said trying to calm me down.

"Chill?" I looked up at him. "How am I supposed to chill after this?" I said raking my fingers through my hair.

"Serenity won't believe any of this shit! Don't be stupid!"

"She will think about it. Even for a second, it will cross her mind. Her past is coming back to haunt her. If her mother is back it means her siblings are back too. It won't be a while before she finds out about everything" I shook my head feeling helpless and leaned back in my chair sighing.

"Ares, she won't just leave you. Trust me" He said and put his hand on my shoulder.

"What if she does?" I asked him clutching his shirt in my hand. "I won't stand it Nate. I'm not going back to that dark place"

"Whatever happens Ares we'll make it through. We always do right?" He smiled.

I thought it was about time I acknowledge the other presence near us. He thought I wouldn't know he's there. What a fool.

"Vincent, you can come out now" I said and saw Nate look at me with confusion.

After a few seconds we saw Vincent come through the door he was peeking through with a nervous look.

"I'm sorry boss. It won't happen again"

"It won't. Tell me though, what was it that caught your attention?" I asked calmly.

"I-I've noticed you look way happier lately and I've heard the name Serenity being mentioned a lot around the house. I was just curious about it" He said.

"Do not ever talk or think about her"

His eyes widened and then narrowed as he nodded.

"Yes boss" He answered and left the room.

"What was that?" Nate asked clearly confused.

"He thinks he can just easily get away with those stupid excuses" I chuckled darkly. "He doesn't know what he has coming"

"Don't do something you'll regret"

"I won't. You know I never think irrationally" I said looking up at him with a smirk.

"Well I mean sometimes you're a dumbass" He murmured earning him a slap on the head, "Dude!" He hissed.

"Now go. I have work to do" I said shooing him away.

"Fine" He groaned and walked out closing the door behind him.

I called Leo but he didn't pick up, so I called again. This time he picked up.

"What do you want?!" He asked clearly annoyed.

"You know Vincent Jones?" I asked.

"He's one of our guys right? Yeah of course, I know all our men"

"I need you to find everything you can about him"

"Why?" He asked confused.

"He seems suspicious and I don't like what my gut is telling me"

"Okay, I'll be on it"

"When will it be ready?" I asked.

"In about two hours I guess?" He answered a bit unsure. We hung up and I went back to my work.

Leo was really good with computers. He was a master at that stuff. Before him, I had to ask Nate for help when I didn't have time to do it myself and let's just say Nate and technology don't go well together. He only knows how to play video games and use his cellphone decently.

I decided to call Serenity so I could check up on her to make sure she wasn't paranoid because of that woman.

"Hello?" She answered quietly.

"How are you princess?" I asked right away.

"I'm good. How are you?" Something seemed a bit off. I guess she was still upset about what had happened.

"Great. I'll be a little late today" I told her.

"It's okay, just come back as soon as you can"

My heart swelled with pride and I couldn't keep myself from smiling.

She misses me.

"Always"

________

"Boss"

"Leo"

"I'm sending you the information right now" He said the words I've been waiting to hear for what seemed like centuries and hung up.

I've been sitting inside my office trying to find information about him on my own, but for some reason, nothing seemed to add up, so I counted on Leo.

I got an email on my computer and opened it as soon as it popped up. Then I started scanning through all the information. As always Leo had done a very good job analyzing everything, but I didn't like what I was seeing.

I ran a hand through my hair and sighed.

A part of his life seemed to be missing, a part of his childhood.

The only parent he had was his mother and when I saw her picture I thought my eyes were deceiving me.

He had two other brothers and an older sister.

My thought were running a mile a minute as I finally put all the pieces together. I quickly got up and ran down the first floor. The moment I saw him I halted and everyone turned silent and looked at me.

"You" I said gesturing towards him, "To my office" I simply said and walked back up to my office.

A few seconds later he opened the door with his head hung looking nervous.

"Sit" I ordered him. He sat in front of me and still refused to meet my eyes. "Look at me"

He did as he was told and gulped.

"I know who you are" I said and leaned back on my chair. His eyes widened and he got even more nervous.

"Of course, you're my boss-"

"Stop bluffing, you're talking to me. I know who you really are. I know why you eavesdropped on me I know everything"

"W-what do you mean?"

"I want you to explain why you're here, If you have a reason and what it is"

"N-no! What are you even talking about?!" He asked getting defensive.

"If you don't want me to do anything worse, you'll tell me everything, Vincent Quinn"