Scars

Serenity

Maybe it was better that way. Maybe I had to let any childish feelings I had for him go. He was older than me and he was my guardian on top of that.

Of course I was attracted to him, i mean who wouldn't be? He looked like a model with his silver eyes, jet black hair and greek god body.

Was I a fool for letting him go when he admitted he loved me? Probably.

It's better that way Serenity.

I tried to convince myself.

"What's on your mind girl?" Tessa asked snapping me out of my trance.

"Oh nothing just homework and stuff"

I still hadn't told them about what happened and I wasn't going to, at least not in the near future.

We were at Jane's house. I finally had convinced Ares to let me have a sleepover with the girls. All it took was a few cuddles and kisses. Not that we don't do that normally.

"I'll go make pop corn" Jane said and went into the kitchen.

My phone rang and I picked it up knowing exactly who it was.

"Is everything okay?" He asked.

"Yes, you don't need to call every ten minutes" I rolled my eyes.

"I'm sorry I'm just worried because you've never slept anywhere else"

"Just go to sleep" i whined.

"I can't sleep without you" He whispered and I went silent before sighing.

"Just one night. Don't make me feel guilty"

"No baby, don't feel guilty just have fun okay? If you need anything call me, even if you're hungry and want food just call me okay?"

"Okay. Goodnight"

"Sleep tight"

Jane came back with a huge ball of popcorn and Tessa smirked grabbing some before Jane could even sit next to us.

"Be patient!" Jane scolded making Tessa roll her eyes.

"So Ren, how's it going with Ares?" Tessa smirked.

"As usual. He's really sweet and overprotective"

"Just that? Nothing happened?" They looked disappointed.

"No" I answered trying not to give anything away. Luckily, they believed me. "How about you Tessa?" I asked changing the topic, "All good with Leo?"

"He's been really busy lately but i guess we're good"

"What does he do?" Jane asked.

I was interested now. Ares, Nate and Leo worked together but I had no idea what they did.

"I don't know, he works in some company"

I guess she doesn't know either. Weird.

What was also weird was that i couldn't sleep. I kept tossing and turning and I also felt cold and empty. I was used to sleeping in Ares' arms so now it was impossible for me to sleep.

The next day, which was Saturday, I went back home and was tackled by Ares.

"I missed you" He mumbled nuzzling my neck.

"It's only been a day"

"Yes, I don't know how I'm still alive"

"You're so dramatic" I rolled my eyes.