Part 6- The Strange Stepmother

My father had a rough time staying in a relationship for several years until one strange day. It was a gloomy rainy day when a tall, fair and young woman knocked on our door. She asked for shelter. It was quite unusual how she entered the house as if it was her own and said that she was from somewhere far I do not recall where. She said she felt like something somehow lead her to my father's house. Her eyes were also strange at times when she would stare blankly into space but the same time sincere and gentle. With only a few pieces of old clothing in her small case, she was destined to stay with my father and became my stepmother on that day. Her name was  L T Hien (full name hidden).

Since my stepmother came to live with us, it seemed like she was possessed all the time. Everyone in the village soon knew something was very different about her. When they talk to her, she wasn't fully there and sometimes a complete different person. It was even creepier at night when she would sit facing the wall talking to herself all night. On normal days, she had absolute no recall of all the disturbing things she did. It was also baffling for many people that since her arrival to live with my father, she delicately took care of my mother's altar more than anyone else in the family, and would lovingly address my deceased mother as her sister with utmost respect.

She would talk and mention my mother as if my mother was still alive. People were creeped out whenever they talked to my stepmother because they just did not  know who they are talking to. The woman living or the woman dead? The frightened neighbors slowly kept a distance and restricted their children to come close to our house. Hence, I had no friends and a very lonely childhood. All my aunties knew but just shook their heads sadly. 

However, despite the rumors and what everyone says, my stepmother took good care of me. Many superstitious people whispered among themselves that the spirit of my mother had chosen this woman because of compatible energy frequency to possess her body to be with me. To be honest I am not too sure about those supernatural theories, but one thing I can assure you my stepmother was definitely not normal. I have witnessed countless times of strange and freaky things during my time of living together with her like what I am about to unveil next.