Ending- Reincarnation

A few years later, stepmother and I escaped the country and migrated to Malaysia's refugee island Pulau Bidong. We stayed there for nearly three years before my father managed to get us to Australia. Stepmother did not forget to bring the picture of my mother from the altar. It was carefully wrapped up as if it was the most important thing to her.

in 1989 we migrated to Australia. I was ten years old. I started going to school, adapted to a new life full of happiness. I couldn't be any happier to be reunited with my father after so many years apart. When we arrived in Australia, the first thing my stepmother did was to set up the altar and put my mother's picture up in the living room. There was always fresh incense and offerings on the altar. My step mother used a pair of small  red L.E.D  light bulb on each side of the picture frame.  

Something I can never understand why our Asian cultures would use such ugly lightings on the altars, not only it looks gaudy but also creepy at night and its red in colour. For some reasons, the lights kept flickering but nobody seems to mind. I had many occasions of near heart attacks when I thought I saw my mother's eyes actually following me and blinked in the picture. I would reassure myself that it's only the flickering of the creepy red lights making  me imagining things, but at the same time  run away as fast as I could and hide somewhere. One time, I woke up in the middle of the night to go to the toilet. Passing by the living room, I almost pissed my pants when I saw a dark shadow right under my mother's altar in the dark. As I got a hold of myself and realized that it was just my stepmother sitting there in a position like meditating....at 1am in the morning!

I have lived with my stepmother long enough to know she's not normal and does strange things, but I still couldn't help but shiver and ran quickly back to the room and hide under the blanket. That year was also a special year as I was a little bit older with a little more understanding. It was the first and the last time I saw my mother appearing to me.

A few months after settling down in Australia, the spirit of my Mother came back one night through the possession of my stepmother's body. That night we were all in the same room. The four of us, father, stepmother, my brother and I. My parents were on one bed, while my brother and I on two separate single beds on the opposite to my parents. It was in the middle of autumn and was still quite cold at night.

About two or three in the morning  I woke up needing to go to the bathroom, but it was too cold and I was too lazy to get out of bed. I lay there unable to sleep and to see how long I could hold it until I would be bursting to go. The moon was shining through our window. I heard some noise and opened my eyes to look over to my parents' bed. I saw my stepmother sitting up. Then she started talking. I don't recall everything that stepmother said, but I dare say that the voice was not hers.

I can never forget the things she said of which I don't think anyone would ever believe. Nevertheless, I totally understand and it is perfectly okay if no one does. Simply because this is my family's story, my own personal spiritual experience and I want to write it down for keep sake before I'll forget.

(From this point I'll just refer my stepmother as my mother because she was possessed by my mother)

My mother voice trembling as if she was crying, 

"My dear husband, my dear dear husband".

I heard some movement, my father woke up. I do not recall what they said in the beginning, but I remembered when father asked my mother.

"What do you do down there?" (I am assuming father asked my mother what she does on the other side?) In the dark, I saw my mother's movement was oddly slow (like slow-motion movie) her head tilt slightly. She answered in an eerie  but sad voice.