6

s i x| a l e x a n d r i a

I lost.

And lost.

Again and again.

"You're weak," Theo tells me nonchalantly.

I huff and bring myself up. "Geez, thanks. It doesn't hurt to be nicer, you know."

"The truth hurts, Alexandria."

"Wow. I really appreciate the effort," I mock.

He returns to a fighting stance, signaling that he was ready to combat once again.

I was tired.

Beyond tired.

This man's punches and kicks hurt like a bitch. He also refused to spare me any mercy for my very very special status, if I may.

The frustration from getting defeated over and over also strikes a nerve in me. My competitive side was growing tired of having to lose over and over again.

I swing my hands up dramatically. "I give up."

Theo raises a brow.

I glare at him. "Didn't you hear me? I said I'm done. I'm. Done."

"No you're not," he tells me firmly.

"Too bad," I sneer and start walking away. "'Cuz I never asked."

"I don't care. You're coming back here and that's final."

I halt. "I don't like one on one combat! I despise it! It's so fucking boring and difficult!"

Theo raises a brow, an irritating yet charming smirk on his face. "Oh yeah? Then if you must, inform me what 'fun' is to you?"

"Stealth. Assassination. Killing someone from far away. I find pleasure seeing a pack of wolves search for the me frantically," I glanced at Theo, expecting a disgusted expression. Instead, he listened to me with curiosity. His growing interest that never seems to stop made me want to pull my hair out. "Imagine being one of those wolves expecting to be home by the next 2 days only to end up 6 feet under with little leg room."

"How enjoyable," he says sarcastically. "Your presence and choice of words pleases me, really."

"Glad to know I'm able to please you," I blurt out. That sounded wayyyy cleaner in my mind. "Okay, okay, maybe not in that wa—."

"We'll be seeing about that, won't we?" he says to me. An amused smile tugs on the corners of his lips.

I look down, attempting to cover my nonexistent blush. In response, Theo chuckles.

I catch a glimpse of Theo walking towards me and before I know it, his warms hands trace my face delicately. He lifts my chin up with a finger.

Grey orbs lock with my dark brown ones.

I shudder unintentionally, the sparks erupting in my skin.