11

e l e v e n| a l e x a n d r i a
___

I was confused. The mate bond was demanding that I find out this girl Theo turned soft for's identity right away. The crazy wolf in me was getting on edge. I wanted to ask so badly, but I refused to look like some jealous idiot.

Maybe I am that jealous idiot.

I clench and unclench my fists. I was definitely not liking having my feelings be in such a state of disorder.

He approaches her, a delicate expression on his face, and places a soft kiss on the top of her head.

I-I-is this what you call third wheeling?

I grit my teeth, losing patience and angered at the fact Theo was acting so lovingly to a girl that wasn't me.

Calm down you idiot, it could be a sister or a close friend or a cousin. Jealousy doesn't look good on you, hun.

I inhale and release a shaky breath. As if on cue, Theo and the stranger finally notices me.

Took you long enough.

I beam at them with my signature fake smile. None of them smiles back and Theo raises a brow, skeptical.

The woman, who I admit is indeed attractive, opens her mouth to ask, "W-who is she?"

I grin, finding her voice cute even though she was probably the same age as me.

Theo sends her a heartwarming smile and proudly states, "My mate."

His smile seemed so genuine, so valuable, and so delicate. I haven't seen that smile yet, and now that I've seen it, I wished I could take a picture and never forget that smile.

I snap out of my trance, only to be met by the unfamiliar woman's hands reaching for Theo's hand. Even though she hasn't done anything to me, I withstand the urge to smack her hands off of him.

Cute voice, my ass. I take back what I said.

"Yes, Cara?" He says with such a soft voice—just like he was talking to something so soft and fragile.

He didn't even let me hold his hands.

This perspective of him was unrecognizable and so unlike his mischievous personality. It was like watching a dispassionate father falling in love with a puppy. Only this time, it was Theo turning into some affectionate man at the sight of this woman named Cara.

I keep my mouth shut to hold myself back from saying something stupid.

"I'm tired. Let's go," she says abruptly and pulls him away.

Theo doesn't even spare any energy to resist and only gives me one last look before leaving with her.

I stiffen, a feeling of betrayal in the very depths of my heart.

I asked for trouble and now I was getting it. The reckless side of me was overlooking the danger I put myself into.

But the one thing I didn't dare miss and will never forget is the vile sneer Cara sent my way as she looked back at me.