20

t w e n t y| a l e x a n d r i a
___

The next day, it was obvious that tensions between the pack and the rogues were getting worse and worse. I wouldn't be surprised if one side ends up instigating an attack in a day or two.

But as expected, the pack was well-prepared.

I was able to confirm that same theory when I almost tripped over a string that would have caused my body to be demolished by spears. Key word: almost.

The idea of informing me about such traps seemed to go past Felix's train of thoughts.

Everyone in the pack waited in anticipation, despising the suspense of not knowing when the rogues would start their assault.

It almost felt like they wanted this to happen. They wanted blood to be drawn and craved to see powerless rogues.

They're sadists, I'm telling you.

Right after sunrise, the rogues were seen eyeing the territory in a more obvious manner. They were literally growling at the warriors in their wolf forms, as if trying to send a message—a message Theo well understood.

They were fighting not by strategy or the element of surprise but pure strength—and maybe a little bit of cheating. It didn't hurt to put some traps in, does it?

I steal a glance at Emilio, Felix, and Giovanni who were put in patrol. Felix stares at Emilio and Giovanni while they bantered against each other.

If they don't end up dying by rogues, they'll definitely die from each other.

By the time the sun was starting to go down everyone, including me, was starting to get more and more restless as the wait kept lengthening.

Still, they kept their positions and remained as alert as possible.

Except me.

At one point, I got tired of waiting and resort to leaving my post. Felix seemed to not care because all I got was a roll in his eyes and a grunt.

I follow a somewhat clear path as I strolled around the territory, losing track of time or where I was leading myself to.

Of course, if my life was the stereotypical damsel in distress story, I'd probably end up getting kidnapped by a pack of rogues.

Good for me, this wasn't some cheesy Wattpad story.

I hum a tune I didn't even know I knew as I take slow and steady steps.

That was until the ambience shifted and somehow, it felt like the air turned thicker. The quietness of the woods made itself more prominent and I halt my steps.

'Thud!'

I blink my eyes and look around around the empty area, searching for the source of the sound—only for there to be none.

"Imma like," I mutter to myself. "Head out real quick."

I keep my mouth together in a thin line and take a steady step back. When my feet plants on the ground, I turn around and begin to sprint out.