3. A Place Called Home

"Ms. Edwards, your baby isn't stable enough to breathe on her own."

The woman fell into a heap of tears, and Olivia immediately felt her heart ache for her. She would be heartbroken if anything happened to her baby, considering the past week had given her time to bond with the little speck inside her.

"We will be monitoring her closely through the night." Olivia reassuringly touched her shoulder and gave her a rueful smile. "You need to rest. Your baby will be just fine."

Tristan was right outside the room filling out paperwork when she stopped beside him and dropped her head in her hands. "Bad day?"

She shook her head. "I need to go home and have a hot long bath."

"You're really giving me an image there," he mumbled under his breath, but she chose to ignore it.

There was no doubt that her hormones had been giving her sinful thoughts. They mostly started with a very naked Tristan and always ended with her screaming his name as he made her come over and over again.

It didn't help that he always wore button ups that she yearned to rip apart with her teeth. And she didn't know when his very presence became such an overwhelming feeling of sexual tension.

He licked his lips when he caught her staring at him. Her gray eyes were dark with lust, and he couldn't deny he felt some sort of sexual desire for her. He'd felt it the very night they met and even more so when she waltzed back into his life.

"Are you doing anything?"

She raised an eyebrow. "Going home to take a hot bath."

"Do it at our place," he said, casually shrugging when she snorted. "You'll have no choice but to live with me after our wedding this weekend."

Olivia cleared her throat and glanced around at the attention they drew. But no one was looking at her. They were all focused on Tristan, especially the whispering women.

"Who was that woman at your apartment the other day?" she asked, choosing to change the subject.

"My sister and her daughter. You want to meet them?"

She wanted to so she would have a familiar face at the wedding with his family, but she shook her head instead and turned to leave.

Aaron was in the locker room when she got there and frustratedly stripped out of her clothes to change. He glanced at her, chuckling when she struggled to pull on her jeans.

"I'm getting fat and stretching in places I won't be able to see soon."

He laughed again. "You're barely five months along. And you are not fat. Come here, Olive."

She threw her shirt on and stepped toward him, wallowing in the comfort of his chest as he held her. "Do I tell you I love you enough? I don't tell you and now I'm getting married to a man I don't love. You will be there for the wedding, right?"

He nodded and silently stood still. He couldn't picture a life without her but knew he'd have to now that she was getting married. He knew she'd find a man to sweep her off her feet one day. Olivia was a beautiful woman, no lie. But he felt sorry for her to know she couldn't marry off to a man who loved her.

"Take me home," she said after awhile.

It was late when they got to the apartment. Olivia immediately claimed the bathroom and got in with her bra and panties while Aaron went straight to bed. And of course, Tristan had followed her home to make sure she was alright.

He finally found the courage to go up to her apartment after an hour of sitting in the car and knocked on the door. Aaron opened it, took one glance at him and groggily opened the door wider to let him in.