laughter is the best medicine

"Magnus."

"What isabelle?"

"We need your help."

"When are you going to understand that I am not at your beck and call?  That I am not going to just drop everything and run right over there."

"Magnus,  its alec."

"Alexander?"

"Yeah."  She says as the bell echoes through the institute signaling someone at the front entrance.

She walks to the door, still talking to Magnus and  when she opens the door, she almost drops her phone in surprise at the warlock looking at her with a panicked look.

"What's the matter with Alexander?"

"How did you get here so quick?"

"Portal. Now Alexander."  He asks as they start walking through the halls.

"He hasn't left his room in two weeks, since you guys broke up.   He won't eat except under protest, he hasn't trained or been on patrol.  He wont even talk to me or jace."

"Why would you think he will talk to me then?"

"Because if anyone can get him to talk, we know it would be you. "

Magnus takes a deep breath and pushes open the door.  He looks around at the mess around the usually neat and tidy room then he notices the pile of blankets on the bed that he assumes is alec.

"Alexander."  Magnus says but gets no response. "I know I am the last person you want to talk to. "  he says and this time the blanket moves slightly. "Everyone is very worried about you."    A sniffle is heard, breaking Magnus's heart.

As he is still standing by the door, an idea pops into his head and he sends a small pulse of magic toward the bed. When he hears a small giggle, he steps toward the bed, sending another pulse of magic and hears a louder giggle.  With each step he sends a stronger pulse and each laugh getting louder.  When Magnus is right next to the bed, the blanket has been kicked in the floor and alec is laughing loudly with tears rolling down his cheeks.

Alec look at Magnus,  wiping the tears off his cheeks and asks, "what are you doing here?"  Alec asks, sitting up and Magnus sits next to him.

"Everyone is worried about you."

"Everyone?"

"Yeah."

Alec studies Magnus's face and leans in to kiss him but as their lips just brush slightly,  Magnus pushes alec back on the bed, straddles his waist and start tickling his sides again, making the young shadowhunter cry with laughter again.

**********

"See, told you Magnus could do it."  Izzy says to jace.

"You were right, I'm glad to here him laughing again."  He says as they hear a moan of Magnus's name. "But I think we should leave before we hear noises we dont want to hear."  He says, pulling his sister away from the door.