Chapter 16

Chapter 16

"Do you need help carrying the board?" Harry asked Stella who was about to pick it up.

"No, I think that I got it." She said, determined.

She used her back and leg strength to pick it up and put it above her head, walking on over to the water that wasn't too far away. Thankfully. As she walked towards the ocean, she noticed that they were at the same place as they had been the other night to watch The Notebook.

"This is our spot." She said loud enough for Harry to hear as he walked his board over.

"It is." He nodded, smiling at the thought of it being their place as he laid down his board.

"Don't I need like a special suit for this?" Stella asked, thinking about everything surf-related she'd ever seen or heard of.

"Yes but I'm just going to ease you into it and get you more comfortable on the board today. Next time we can worry about that." He informed her.

"Okay, cool. I like that."

Harry then took off his black shirt, revealing his chest and the tattoos that were spread out on his body, Stella's personal favorite being the butterfly on his stomach and the little guitar he had near his back. He was now just in white swim trunks and his body was nicely toned which was hard to not stare at. Stella found it hard not to. She looked away right as he looked at her and pretended that she was staring at the ocean. Harry knew that she wasn't though, a small smile creeping onto his lips.

"I'll see you in." He said, walking into the water with his board.

Stella watched as he laid it on top of the water and lied down on it, moving his arms as if they were paddles in order to get further. She then took off her sunglasses along with her skirt and cardigan, placing them next to Harry's stuff before grabbing her board and following after him. She got in and laid down her board, finding it difficult to get on top of it. Once she finally had, she lied on her stomach like Harry was and used her arms to reach him. However, she was having trouble navigating the board in the direction she wanted it to go. Stella continued to press on though and made it to Harry after a few minutes of fighting against the current.

"You made it." He smiled at her.

"Only took an hour." She exaggerated.

"Such a drama queen." He shook his head and pursed his lips together, Stella playfully hitting him.

"As if you aren't a drama queen yourself." She pointed back.

"Oh no. I'm the queen of the drama queens."

"Damn right you are." She chuckled.

"How are you feeling?" He asked, referring to how comfortable she felt on the board.

"It's not terrible. I actually kind of like it. It's just a little hard for my small arms." She explained, looking down at the water and seeing a school of fish swim by. "Look!" She excited said, her eyes widening as she pointed towards the water.

Harry looked over to see the fish and looked back at Stella, smiling at the sight of her child-like wonder. She looked over at him, a smile plastered on her face as she tilted her head to the side at the sight of him.

"What?" She asked, knowing he was looking at her differently than normal.

"Nothing." He replied, shaking his head and looking away, the smile never leaving his lips.

"The water seems to be pretty deep right here." She observed, looking around the area.

"I'd say it's more than our height." He said, looking down into the water and taking his eyes off of Stella.