Chapter 26

Chapter 26

Stella woke up to the sound of raindrops and soft snores. She noticed that her waist was warm as well as the back of her neck. She stretched ever so slightly only to notice that Harry's arm was slung over her and his bare chest was against her back. The contact made her skin burn up and her stomach feel as though she were on a rollercoaster. A small grin began to spread on her lips at the thought of Harry being so close and comfortable with her. She could even smell him due to his proximity, peppermint and rosemary soap, which made her smile even more.

"Why are you so chipper this early?" Harry groggily asked as he looked in the mirror to see a happy, giddy Stella.

She looked in the mirror and made eye contact with him through it, her smile widening even more. She turned around to look at him in the eyes.

"I saw my mom last night," She said which made Harry's eyebrows furrow, confused on what she meant. "Like in my dream except it was her. I don't know how to explain it at all but she was there and she told me how proud she is of me." Tears welled up in her eyes at the remembrance of the dream.

"I knew she would." Harry smiled at her, his arm still wrapped around her waist.

"How did you sleep?" She changed the subject.

"Pretty great. I wouldn't mind sleeping with you every night. It makes me sleep better." He commented.

"Oddly enough, I seem to sleep better next to you too." Stella noticed, thinking about how she'd get hours of sleep without any nightmares bothering her.

"Maybe it's a sign."

"You smell like my soap."

"Yeah. I really like it." He nodded, sniffing himself.

"Cool. I'll keep that in mind." She nodded, thinking to grab him some next time she ordered some more. "Also, your cuts have healed up for the most part. However, your eye is a little bruised." She looked at him, examining his left eye before glancing down at his lips to see if they'd healed.

"That's fine. I'll just cover it up with some sunglasses." He told her, not noticing her stare.

"That should work." She nodded.

"What are your plans for the day?"

"Showering for sure." She quickly said which made him laugh.

"Can I join?" He cheekily suggested, earning him a light tap on his shoulder.

"No."

"What are you doing after that?" He asked.

"Nothing that I know of." She thought. It was Friday now which meant classes were over for the week and while she had homework to catch up on, there wasn't anything too complicated going on to prevent her from hanging out for the day.

"Cool. Want to go to the studio again?" He suggested.

"I'd love to. Just let me go get ready." She said, getting out of his grasp which instantly made her skin tingle from the sudden cold air touching her heated skin.

"You're sure you don't want me to join?" He asked, his hands resting behind his head as he tried to flash Stella an innocent smile, a devious glint in his eyes. Just the look alone made her weak in the knees.

"If you can guess what number I'm thinking then sure." She proposed the idea.

"1-50?" He asked, wanting a bit of a challenge.

"Sure. I already have my number." She said, leaning against his doorway.

"Write it down that way I know you don't cheat," He threw her his phone. "3427." He gave her the password, Stella entering it and then opening the notes app and writing down her answer.