Healing abilities

Indigos gleamed as Kaito stared at the clock of his hotel room in utter confusion. Silence filled the room while the young magician sat up, groggily ruffling his hair in hopes it would look better after a long... yeah, what exactly was that?

Flipping on his phone, Kaito looked at the date. Nearly two days had passed without him even noticing it. It was almost like he had been asleep. But Kaito hadn't slept since months and was quite content without it, he had so much more extra time to spare for plotting his shows and next steps than ever before.

Did I really sleep through an entire two nights and a day?

Kaito couldn't quite believe it but he couldn't exactly recall any memories within this time either. Was there any reason for this? Had he been asleep or just unconcious? Fingers searching for his pulse, Kaito soon found it beating as crystal clear and strong as usual. In middle of testing, his eyes wandered through the room and finally landed on his leg. Kaito froze, an idea crossing his mind.

It was broken... Twisted... I ran home... and fell into bed... Is a specific amount of sleep necessary to heal myself like this? A sort of... payment? If the injury is worse, would the amount of necessary sleep rise, too?

This was certainly something new and a new wave of excitement bubbled up inside Kaito's stomach; this was worth some experiments. Not that the magician was keen on injuring himself... but Kaito would be stupid if he wouldn't explore his newly gained abilities by Pandora. After all, he was going to live with them for as long as he could think. Hundreds, thousands of years.

This time, the riddle of the second half of Pandora was long forgotten.

***

Conan gaped at what he saw. No, this hadn't been any kind of trickery, this was bloody real. Kaitou KID had stabbed himself into his leg and watched with glee the wound closing after the initial gush of blood had died out. The detective had to suppress the urge to gag while he was forced to watch KID hurting himself in all possible ways, accompanied by wails and cries of agony coming from him, each and every wound closing soon after again.

This guy is nuts. Completely bonkers.

Conan furrowed angrily his eyebrows, oh god how much he wished to be able to scream that right into the stupid thief's face. Worry swept through his body in a steady stream and Conan let out a soft whimper.

Will you stop?! Are you insane?! Why are you doing this?!

Was Pandora healing KID?
This question let his thoughts stop abruptly; Conan felt himself going lax as his vision blacked out again. Was this the same that had happened to him?
Conan lifted his arm a tiny bit to stretch and twist it a little, easing the sore muscles of the constant laying. He could move his bones freely around and didn't exactly feel any kind of pain nor handicap after his intented fall off of a roof. Pandora must have healed him soon after. Left was, to explain why he hadn't woken up any earlier, maybe before they had decided to bury him. Conan breathed out a deep and troubled sigh, yet was somehow glad. Another riddle he could dive head over heels into, and that riddle was Pandora's magical abilites which he had gained.

I wonder what made me fall into this coma. I doubt it was a simple sleep, I would have noticed people trying to wake me up... and it wouldn't make sense either considering they hadn't found a pulse on me.

Conan couldn't help that tiny bit of curiosity coming over him. Oh, how much he wished Haibara could experiment with him to find out more about his new abilities. It would have been a piece of cake for her, Conan was sure of that.
Maybe KID's own experiments provided any answers he could possibly use to make up his own theory about Pandora.

Conan wrinkled his nose in disgust and shifted a bit, feeling the crusted blood of Pandora over his skin. The gem had started to bleed more and more, and Conan was pretty sure it wasn't closing in to full moon so soon again. Something else made Pandora react stronger than before and he wasn't exactly keen on finding out what it was. The hope was still there, together with the tiny alarming thought at the back of his brain, that if no one would find him ever again, Pandora would continue to fill the coffin more and more up until Conan would be trapped within a large cocoon of dried magicial blood. The young detective swallowed down a lump of nervousity as he imagined the turn his fate would take. Unable to move at all, breathe, make any kind of noise. Stuck like this, for eternity.

There I prefer laying inside a coffin far more than also being covered in dried blood. I hope KID sees Pandora through my eyes and finds me.

It was a tiny pang against Conan's pride but he couldn't care less. In fact, the tiny thought that of all people, KID could be the one to dig up his coffin and release him from his prison let his heart skip a beat in excitement. Conan still mused over wether to greet the former phantom thief with a flying kick to his face or a properly aimed socker ball. Either way, they had much to talk about, and KID a lot to explain to him.
Conan frowned and wiped the fond smile he had been carrying off of his lips within a blink, this was not a matter to be happy about. KID hadn't paid for his former crimes at all, and this time he had stolen a real gem. Though Conan played with the thought of letting it slip- he wasn't going to give his own half of Pandora up, either, which he had to do if he was going to report KID's return to the police.

Conan snorted and shook his head in thought. He wasn't that stupid. But he surely wouldn't miss the chance to kick him square into his chest for all the stuff he had caused for him.
And maybe he would also thank him for all the favors and encounters, Conan wasn't so sure about that yet.