Escape

June 09th. 08:12.

I was the last to get up. Rhea already set up breakfast for two.

"This...is unexpected," I told her. She giggled softly.

"I know," she replied. "I just wanted us to know each other first before we do this. The earlier, the better."

Woah.

My eyes were already wide. "Woah."

At the table were our laptops, some bread and apples, and a pitcher of water with two drinking glasses.

"So hear me out, what happened to those researchers after they found out about your disappearance? Did they know you're in here with someone like myself?"

I brushed it off. "Meh, they might have considered it otherwise. They told me that they'll be giving me the signal before I could even get here, but... You know what happens next."

"Ah, I see."

While eating, we turn our heads into our laptop screens, looking for a possibility. All of a sudden, Rhea clung herself into my arms. "Ah!!"

"Huh?" I glanced over her laptop. It displays a video of a white-dressed woman whose name has been censored for privacy. Or, does Rhea know otherwise?

I asked her if she knew about that. Rhea told me: "That is Rhea. It might look like me, but the Sisters declared her the 9th of the Junsui. I was born under her custody, but she and I just called ourselves Sisters, as per tradition. I never had the chance--NOT even a little bit--that I called her Mom. The same thing goes for her and my Grandma, and to the Great-Grandma, to the Great-Great-Grandma, and so on."

"That's kinda strict."

"Yeah... Even though I was born in her womb, I saw through her records that I was manufactured by Genetic Modification. An artificial seminary fluid was manufactured beforehand and plunged into her womb, triggering the pregnancy. After that, they began extracting the cell from that and made some modifications: Either by removing some weak abilities to some that are strong enough for the manufactured product to handle. Afterward, it was plunged again into the womb, continuing the pregnancy. And alas, here I am, breathing," Rhea gave all the details.

"So if you already knew you were a genetically-modified individual, did she knew about herself?" I asked.

Rhea suddenly frowns. "Well... Unfortunately, no. The other night, she was looking for possible answers as to why she is like that, never realizing that she was completely outside. And there were those black-clothed armed people... One of the CCTV cameras captured the moment she was being held kidnapped, only to realize THIS was their plan."

"Well, the good thing is that you're not in her position, because your Sisters will be so damn worried," I reassured.

"And now I'm worried about them... Since the 9th Junsui was kidnapped, I tried my utmost best to not let us give up hope. However, during one of our gatherings, we have been raided by those men, and ALL of them were kidnapped--except me."

Rhea tried to hide her tears, but can't. She let it all out in a sudden cry.

I pulled her softly into an embrace. "I know what you're thinking, and we know what we must do."

She somewhat stopped crying but began speaking in hiccups. She softly hugged back, smiling. "Thank you... You've been my supportive friend thus far. I promise I'll do my best to give you back your compassionate care and love."

"Now come on, let's finish eating. I'm sure you're a bit hungry," I joked about it. After all, I'm hungry as hell.

She giggled for a bit, then continues eating.