Chapter 1: What's Azur Lane?

S/N's perspective

Nightmares, war,...... death. That's all I saw. Through the endless darkness, pictures and memories started to flash before my eyes. Worlds turned to glass, fires scorching anything that lived on those once green worlds. The burning hulks of warships that Covenant weapons had gutted. The screams over the radio as I arrived too late to save any of them. Flashes of the faces of my friends, all around me, haunting me. Telling me, I could have saved them. Then a light shined through it all as I awoke.

Jerking up from the nightmare, a pain cut into my wrist. Looking down, I saw that the pain came from a metal cuff clamped around the afflicted wrist, cuffed to a medical bed..... Wait, how the hell did I get here!

I looked around frantically as I took in my surroundings. It looked like an old medical ward. It wasn't purple, but it wasn't the standard UNSC gunmetal grey I'd grown accustomed to during my years of service.

S/N: "So I'm not dead, captured on a Covy ship or rescued by the UNSC."

Taking a look at the handcuffs and trying to break them. Jerking my arm, the motion only making a rattling noise and hurting my wrist more. After about a minute of trying, I sighed as I looked down at myself. A medical gown was replacing my UNSC captain's uniform.

S/N: "If I'm not in UNSC or Covy...... Iny's. It has to be."

Looking around, I tried to find something to pick the lock before the sound of heels clicking from outside the room became audible. The unknown identity of the one outside only doubled my efforts to free myself, escalating the rattling. The racket I was creating must-have echoed into the hall as the clicking of heels sped up and grew louder. Hearing the door open with a creak, I turned to see.... a maid!? A woman stood before me, looking as if she was straight out of the old Victorian era of Earth. She was sporting a maid-like uniform with a lot of exposed cleavage, platinum hair that cascaded down to her mid-back, and a pair of violet eyes that stared into mine.

???: "Ah, so you're awake."

S/N: "Where am I! Who the hell are you! Do you have any idea who I am!"

She tilts her head and looks back out into the hall.

???: "Commander, he's awake."

???2: "Good, I have a few questions for him."

S/N: "Hey, are you even listening to me!"

???: "Sir, please calm down."

S/N: "Calm down!? Like hell you Iny!"

???: "Iny? Sir, I don't know what that means?"

S/N: "What? How could you not!"

I look at her as she steps out of the way; a man in a white dress uniform walks inside.

Shikikan: "Hello, my name is Shikikan. I'm the commander of this base."

S/N: "So what do you want from me to use me as one of your ships? A weapon? What are you planning, you insurrectionist scum!"

???: "Sir? I'm afraid I don't understand."

Shikikan: "Ok, how about we ask each other a question, and hopefully you can calm down. You can start first."

S/N: "Alright, I'll play your game. What system am I in?"

Shikikan: "I'm sorry, but I don't quite follow?"

S/N: "Star system jackass, how far are we from Reach."

Shikikan looked over at the maid, who was just as confused as him by their facial expressions.