Chapter 6: Ironblood

S/N's perspective

S/N: "Ships log number 36. It's been another week, and it seems our work has slowed to a crawl. In the attempts to regain the ship's main thrust, we inadvertently caused some of the beach to turn to glass. To avoid more of this potential hazard, we have moved on to try and revive the antigravity control for most atmospheric flights....... which so far Drift had had trouble bringing back online. *Sigh* I hope I can get the systems back online. I have a sinking feeling we will need them soon. End ship log."

I said and set down the recorder on the table before I looked over my ship's systems. Most of them have returned to a healthy green, though few critical ones have remained red despite our best efforts. I rubbed my temple and looked over at Drift, who was busy at work as always.

S/N: "Any luck on the antigrav?"

The engineer turned his head to me and shook it.

S/N: "Alright, well, I'm going down for lunch. I'll see you later."

He let out a slight squeal as I left. Moving down the halls and soon onto the beach. I looked out over the sea, the brisk air hitting my face. Taking a big breath of salty air, I began to move across the sandy shore and to the paved streets of the base, passing by many of the ship-girls on the way to the mess hall.

Passing by Cleveland and her sisters, I gave them a small wave, who all waved at me before going back to a basketball game. Today, I decided to sit next to the window that overlooked the docks as I entered and got my food. Settling in, I looked out at the bay, the sun catching off the hull of my ship. Taking a bite from my burger, a familiar voice caught my attention.

Z23: "Guten Nachmittag."

The German destroyer said as she sat down in the seat across from me.

S/N: "Good afternoon to you too, Z23."

She nodded and looked out over the docks. Her gaze landed upon my ship as she spoke.

Z23: "I heard about what happened."

S/N: "Ya..... I mean, at least the glass isn't going to waste."

Z23: "True, Akashi is selling it off somehow."

S/N: "From what little time I've been here. I've already learned she scams most people here."

Z23: "That's Akashi for you. Anyway, are you ready for tonight?"

S/N: "Yup, what are we even doing at your girl's dorm anyway?"

I said as I looked at her. She smiled and leaned over, giving my shoulder a solid pat.

Z23: "Let's just say we'll figure out who's winning the bet."

S/N: "Wait, what bet?"

???: "Whether you are lightweight or not."

Said a mature voice with a distinct German accent. I turned my head to the side, meeting a pair of breasts in my face—a giggle from the ship girl with long white hair and a striking red and black outfit.

???: "Fufu, you're a bold one."

An immediate blush formed on my face as I scooted my chair back and bowed my head.

S/N: "I'm so sorry, that wasn't intentional, I swear."

Prinz: "It's alright, oh where are my manners? I'm Prinz Eugen of Ironblood."

The busty woman said with a flirty smirk.

S/N: "Well, it's nice to meet you, Prinz. You probably know who I am already but, for formality's sake. I'm S/N of the UNSC."