Chapter 5: Royal Navy

S/N's perpective

S/N: "Ships log number 35. Well, it's now been three weeks since I landed here, and things have begun to go more smoothly on the repairs. As of yesterday, Drift and I were able to get the MAC up and running again. Though a test firing will have to be made at a later date due to a possible...... no, a defiant noise complaint that would result from the firing. As for the nightmares, they have subsided a bit though from time to time, they still come back in full force."

I said, trailing off before a knock came at my door. My head turned towards the door with a small smile.

S/N: "And that would be Miss Belfast, end of log."

Setting the recorder down, I rolled out of bed as Belfast opened the door. The lovely maid smiled as she made her way inside as I stretched.

Belfast: "Morning S/N."

S/N: "Morning to you as well."

I said as I cracked my neck, watching her open up the curtains. Light poured into the room, reflecting off the strands of her long white hair, the sight making her look more like an angel...ah! Not again! I thought to myself as I turned away, feeling the heat rising to my face as I spoke.

S/N: "So, it's Monday, right?"

Belfast turned and nodded as she walked up next to me.

Belfast: "Yes, today I will be taking you to meet with the Royal Navy per Commander's orders. Though are you alright?"

S/N: "Yes, why?"

I said, taking a glance back at her, the maid leaning in a bit too, examining me before she spoke.

Belfast: "Your cheeks seem a bit rosy."

Feeling my face begin to burn now at her comment and seeing as I had a view of her..... assets. I turned to the side as I put my jacket on and cap, not even bothering to change out of the sweat pants hanging from my waist.

S/N: "Y-yes, I'm fine, now should we be off?"

I took a glance back again at her as she smiled a bit.

Belfast: "Yes, we should be on our way."

Walking around me and out the door, I quickly grabbed my datapad and followed her through the halls and towards the Royal Navy residence.

Sea breeze filled the air as sunshine beamed down through the stray clouds in the sky, the mixture of feelings feeling less alien than three weeks ago. To be honest, if humanity wasn't in dire need of everyone capable of fighting off the Covenant, I might have at one point considered staying here. It beat the cold darkness of space any day.

A slight tug on my arm tore me from my thoughts as Belfast looked back at me.

Belfast: "You sure you're ok? You seem to be daydreaming a lot today."

She said before I nodded again, looking over the port.

S/N: "Ya, I'm fine, just...... this place is so much better than the cold darkness of space that I'm used to. It's peaceful."

I gave her a small smile as I started to walk again.

F/N: "Sorry for worrying you."

Belfast: "It's quite alright, though her majesty doesn't like people being late."

F/N: "So I've heard from Javelin."

We started walking next to each other again and to the Royal Navy dorms. After a bit of walking, we entered a sizable green space with hedge fencing around it. Upon taking in the scenery, the two of us ran into some of the others. Javelin and Unicorn ran up to us with smiles on their faces once they caught sight of me.