Chapter Five

Chapter Five

I couldn't sleep that night, or eat.

I'd gone to bed and Dorean had tucked me in. I felt guilty for not giving him what he obviously wanted, but I just couldn't get in the mood for it. So I settled for holding him all night long while he slept, finding comfort in his soft breathing and the way his wings quivered every so often, his tail coiled around my arm as if to comfort me.

I smiled faintly. If there was anyone who could make me feel better, it was Dorean. In a life made of darkness, he was the light at the end of my tunnel. It was cheesy, but I knew why people repeated it so often. It was true.

Some mornings, I still woke up and was surprised to see him there beside me, wondering if our whole relationship had just been a dream to cope with a miserable existence, but I was always pleased when Dorean turned in his sleep and snuggled against my chest before opening his eyes to smile up at me.

"Morning, kitty." He greeted. I leaned in to brush my nose against his.

"Good morning, Dorean." I murmured. He beamed at that and kissed the tip of my nose. His squirming under the blankets was a good indication of what he'd like in the morning, so we slid out of bed and made our way to the bathroom where I pressed him up against the wall of the shower, kissing him hungrily.

He purred and wrapped his legs around my waist, his tail slathered in soap that he rubbed up and down my back, his arms around my neck. I thrust up against him, breathing heavily as our lips met in another furious kiss.

"I hope this is okay," Dorean gasped against me, "I don't want to make you do something you don't want to do."

"Does this really feel like I don't want to do it?" I laughed breathlessly, arching up against him at a particular angle that made him cry out and tilt his head back against the tiled wall. He managed a smile, then bit his lip in ecstasy. I relished at the way the water rained down on him, making his soft white hair stick to his face, creating intricate rivulets down his chest. I leaned in and dragged my tongue across his pec until I reached his nipple, taking between my teeth gently.

Dorean moaned and slid his hand up through my hair before clenching his fist in it, arching his back and crying out again as he came, squeezing me tightly and milking me for all I was worth.

After cleaning up and showering, we stepped out of the bathroom and Dorean went ahead to make breakfast. I stayed in the room to slip on a black v-neck and a pair of leather pants. I picked up my signature black coat and just draped it over my arm, planning to wear it later, before I made my way out into the kitchen where Dorean was preparing what smelled like cinnamon rolls. I licked my lips at my favorite meal before I passed into the living room.

I conjured my laptop as I sat on one of the leather sofas.

I was still concerned about Hannibal, so wanting to check up on him without barging in again, I sent a call through to Akin via video chat. It rang a couple times before Akin picked up. He looked exhausted, his blonde hair coiled into a side-bun. The moment he saw me, he frowned.

"Xenon? You have my number?" He asked, concerned. I cocked my head.

"I have everyone's number," I assured, and noted the quick distaste to the news on Akin's face, "But I won't make this a habit. I'm just a little worried about Hannibal after I gave him the news. How is he taking it?" I saw the relief on Akin's face, and didn't have to be a mind reader to know that he was grateful for my kindness toward Hannibal, because it was a rarity.

Even though Hannibal had moved to Hell, there were still some darkness that followed him there and would continue to follow him into eternity. If the rest of the world wasn't punishing Hannibal for his actions, then he was. And to be honest, no one was harder on Hannibal than himself.