Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

I appeared just outside of Atlan's temple on Leanorius, my rage spilling out so powerfully that the sky darkened considerably, hiding the sun behind thick black clouds. The plants around me shrank back into themselves as the wind lashed viciously at them. I doned my black coat and leather attire before entering the temple, storming straight for Atlan's throne room.

And sure enough, Atlan stood inside the throne room, looking smug and his arms folded over his chest. Beside him to his right was Xanius, smirking at me mischeviously and Zetnos to his left, only Zetnos looked less than thrilled and I took quick note to the black metal collar around his throat, making me narrow my eyes.

So he hadn't done it out of free will. While that was slightly reassuring, it still didn't change the fact that I was here to smash skulls.

"Return Dorean to me right now and I won't make you wish you were imprisoned in the Source again." I threatened dangerously. Atlan gave me this calm, chiding stare that reminded me of the look he always gave Callias whenever Callias came to him to complain about our siblings. I understood Callias more than ever in that moment.

"Xenon," Atlan spoke in a deadly calm tone, "You know better than to ask things of me. In this world that we live in, despite all the incredible changes, equivalent exchange is still a natural law." I glared at him.

"I'm not going to ask you twice. Return Dorean to me."

"Then give me my demon."

"Like Hell."

"Then no deal," Atlan said with a shrug, then smirked at me, "If anything, I think your siblings might be interested in having another play thing." My blood boiled to the point where it was any wonder I hadn't just nuked the whole damn island right then and there. It was only my thought to get Dorean out of there, then to hell with the rest of these bastards.

"Touch him and not only will you not get your demon back, but I will make you suffer in ways you can't even begin to imagine. You highly underestimate me if you take that threat as idle." I sneered at him. Atlan shrugged.

"Fine, keep the demon. And I'll keep the imp." Atlan reiterated. I cursed. I wanted to snap his neck, but when I took a step forward to carry that threat out, I found myself unable to move. I looked around, then jerked my head up to see the protection symbol drawn on the ceiling above me.

"Desiderius sure has his uses," Xanius said snidely, making me pin her with a menacing glare, "He's taught us well about the process used to brain-wash you. It'd be a pity to lose such an important asset." Atlan nodded, scanning me from head to toe.

"You were always my favorite, Xenon," He said, "I don't think letting you go is going to be easy." I narrowed my eyes on him.

"Then let Dorean go."

"In exchange for both you and the demon."

"Fuck you--"

"Ah, ah, Xenon. You and the demon or Dorean." Atlan warned. I clenched my teeth, seething in rage. It was so hot that I hadn't even noticed the ring on my finger burning my flesh. I hissed when I noticed it, then jerked my head up to see Atlan watching me gleefully.

"How could you do this," I snarled at him, "Was everything you told me up until now a lie?" Atlan's eyes blazed and he stepped off his pedestal to approach me, but not crossing the line of protection as he got as close as he could to my face.

"Absolutely not," He said in a low voice, "You are my favorite. You are my son. You are part of this pantheon. I don't know what those damn Greeks did to you, but whatever it is, I will undo it and I will have my son returned to me." I spat in his face and he snarled, backhanding me so hard that my neck almost snapped with the force.