'It's too easy'

DreamingOfYou: Dear ILoveTommoBear, Thank you so much for your kind words. I love to hear from you and I’m so, so glad you enjoy my Fan Fictions. I see you are a Louis’ girl. Isn’t he the cutest? But I have to admit I’m more of a Harry’s girl. It is quite obvious isn’t it? He has a ‘je ne sais quoi’ that drives me insane. Sometimes it’s hard to communicate with other Harry’s girls because of some sort of strange rivalry, so it’s perfect to have a Louis’ one around. Hoping to hear from you soon. Tschüss xo.

Do I have to write her right away or is it better for me to wait a bit more? She won’t understand why ILoveTommoBear is so willing to chat with her; but, at the same time, she seems so interested in the exchange… I’ve been in my room reading for a while but there’s plenty of movement in the hotel room because tonight we leave to Sao Paulo for our second show in Brazil and next to last in South America. So far ‘Where We Are’ tour has been an outstanding experience. This continent is so different from everything I’ve ever known.

After that, we return to London to work on the new album and to rest a bit before Ireland, Great Britain and Europe’s tour, probably the most demanding leg of the whole tour. The advantage of performing in stadiums and larger venues is that tour dates become concentrated, so this year we have 69 concerts in comparison with 150 of last year. Exhausting shows are compensated with fewer dates, so everything seems to naturally balance it out.

As I reread our messages I got to understand why we were so shocked before. These girls use to write to us all the time, telling us how they feel about us, asking for a follow on Twitter. We also got to see how they communicate amongst them publically, but this is different. We aren’t supposed to know this, to find out. It’s as if we’re meddling into something we have no participation in. It’s about us but it’s their world, it’s their own particular universe, their code. I don’t know if it’s right for us to continue this path. Perhaps I’m not even meant to be reading these Fan Fictions. It’s their fantasies, for them only. We have their love and support already. This feels almost like spying. What would they think about us if they knew we are actually around, peeping at them?

A discreet knock on the door takes me out from my meditations. After a second, Louis and Stan appear behind the door.

“Can we come in, mate?” Louis mutters.

“Of course,” I say from my bed, as I set my laptop away. I see Stan has some paper sheets rolled in and a pen.

“So, have you been reading?” He asks, fixing one sheet on the wall with tape, turning his head to speak to me.

“I have,” I state. Suddenly I feel enthusiastic again. Maybe I’m too cautious and overthinking this. Louis seems to enjoy it enormously. He comes to sit right next to me.

“Well, that’s great–––Stan says, looking at the paper. But we’re not speaking about smut today,” he laughs. Louis giggles. He must have been reading something of that sort.

“Oh, shoot. I’ve been brought here under false promises,” he jokes.

“We don’t have too much time either. Maybe later–––Stan says, and glances at the paper. OK, where were we?–––he meditates. Yes, my thesis, which is Louis’ thesis, too. DreamingOfYou is French and older,” he writes down.

“It’s too easy,” I mumble.

“Well, it’s our fantasy but we have to start somewhere,” he claims. I nod at him and he carries on. “What’s the first thing we know about her, besides the fact that she writes Fan Fiction?”

“Her user name…” I state.

“Exactly! DreamingOfYou. Cute though…–––he says as he continues to write down. Well, what sort of information does this alias give to us?”