'You aren't helping'

As soon as Pat and I made it to the hotel in Amsterdam the boys jumped over me. I guessed Louis had already brought them up to date. God, he was fast. They wanted to know every detail but I wasn’t really in the mood. I didn’t want to be there in the first place. Niall kept insisting for me to tell him if I asked Jeanne to update ‘Bizarre Love Triangle,’ and was pleased when I told him she had promised to do it that very day.

One by one they left to their rooms until Liam and I stayed alone in the lounge area. He didn’t seem too worried about the Twitter thing and it sort of surprised me. Well, it hadn’t been that bad after all. Neither fans nor media were linking us romantically and the issue was slowly fading away. Paul came a moment to greet me, and congratulated me for keeping my word as a nicely behaved boy. After patting and kissing my cheek he went away, proud of me. I felt quite proud of myself too for the strength of will I showed leaving Paris, but part of me simply couldn’t believe I wasn’t actually with her anymore.

“I’m sorry, Harry. I know it’s quite surreal but I think Louis is right in this,” Liam said in a light tone. Well, that was weird. Louis’ righteousness wasn’t something he was particularly bound to admit.

“Probably,” I muttered, absentmindedly. Her whole reaction to the affair was just strange. I didn’t really even know what was on her mind. I wondered if I had been asking the right questions.

“We’ve been watching her Twitter’s profile though,” he snickered and I glared at him. They were absolutely impossible. “Is this the girl I made you follow about a year and a half ago?”

“She is,” I asserted, bowing my head at him.

“It’s just amazing–––Liam mumbled, shaking his head ‘no.’ And her profile picture is the same than in the site.” I nodded, twisting my mouth, but he was as speaking to himself. “She was right in front of us.” ‘I already noticed that, thank you, Liam,’ I thought. “What were the odds?–––he blurted. She doesn’t give too much information but it would had made the difference.” I already knew that too. “You follow her, for almost any reason…–––he muttered, perplex. I feel as quite a matchmaker…” There was a pride on his voice and he was beaming. I couldn’t help but smile. I knew he had felt sort of excluded from our research due to his reluctance to the ‘French and older’ thesis, and probably he was still feeling guilty about the incident with Louis on their last day in Paris.

“I don’t know what you saw on her but you sort of are…” I said reassuringly, tapping his shoulder. Liam chuckled happily, half-shutting his eyes.

“I remember we saw her follow together and her user name blew my mind, so I made you go to her profile. Do you remember we read her motto?–––Liam tapped my chest anxiously. ’All this and brains too’!–––he exclaimed, amused. I told you she was hot!”

“She is,” I stuttered. And one hell of a self-confident person.

“She hasn’t changed it…–––he shook his head again, as thinking. It’s from a Prince’s song.” Of course. “I like her!” We chuckled. “Oh, little Harry–––he teased me. You are in so much trouble–––he said coming near to hold me with one arm. Falling for a brainiac who’s hot as hell… Because, with all due respect, that’s what she is.” Yes, and she was irremediable as a strong, sweet liquor. “And all those guys writing her sweet nothings…” Fuck, he had noticed them too… He should be thinking I was a hen-pecked. I only hoped the rest of the boys hadn’t noticed it, but it was foolish. I’m sure Louis was the first and set the alarm on the others. “Do you think it would be hard on you to bear? You are a bit possessive…” He warned me cautiously. ‘Of course it would be hard,’ I grunted in my mind. ‘And it would be hard on you too if guys were constantly hitting on your girlfriend,’ but I didn’t told him that.