CHAPTER FOUR

Iris p. o. v
We got back really late but the captain is still around. I know he only waited to see if I got something for him. But I just started the investigation,  I can't have so much just yet.
Iris tell me you found something. The captain asked.

Nothing at the moment,  but I can promise you we will get there sir.  I said that and went into my office.
Bare, so what did you find? She asked rudely
Nothing. He said shaking his head, "but"
But what
"There is a trace of cocaine, that's why they wanna take more and that's why it's driving them crazy, I think it's time to leave already," Barry said and left immediately
" I have to go too," Jay said and left too
Leaving me alone in the station.
I brought out the crime board to put the pieces together but something is still missing I can't figure out who is distributing the drugs among the students. I put each of their pictures on the board,  I need to know what connects this kid to the drugs, and how are they getting them. Who is giving it to them or rather who is selling them?  Whoever is selling them is inside that school,  that's for sure.

After a while, heard a sound coming from my stomach, and I realized I hadn't had anything the whole day. God, I am starving my baby,  I touched my stomach and said sorry little Allen.  I will get you food soon so I left the station for home.

I got home really late. I was hearing sounds from the kitchen
Hey Catlin, is that you
"Yup, it's me buttface. You hungry"
You bet I am. I haven't had anything all day which makes me miss Barry. He would have stuffed food in my mouth.
"See I know you miss him".She said
Whaat.Speaking of Barry, he is the CIS at the CCPD.
She laughed."I told you, you guys are always meant to be"
It's strictly business.
"In two weeks you gonna tell me Barry kissed me as he did four years ago".She said sarcastically.
Yunno, what, I'm not hungry anymore, and again Barry and I are over.
I went to bed hungry
Don't go to bed hungry,  you have a baby inside of you. She said but I didn't listen because I was so angry.  Everyone thinks am so weak when it comes to his love.

After a while,  when I was in the bathroom I heard the door so I knew she had come to put a plate on my table,  then she left
After showering,  I ate the food she brought.
I lay on my bed, trying not to think about the past but in a few minutes, I drift off to sleep.

  I woke up around 6:00 am cause I've got a lot of investigations to do
The sun was not out yet, I guess it's not going to be a sunny day. I climbed out of my bed rubbing my face "Oh My God, I'm fucking aging, the stress".I rushed to the bathroom to do my business I got out quite fast.
I changed into a simple tank top and Jean with a ply jacket then tied my hair into a rough bun.
I headed out avoiding Cate. She left for work anyway.

I got to the station before Barry and Jay. A few hours later Barry and Jay walked in. Jay was surprised to see me early already working on the case.
"Is she always this early" Jay asked Barry.
"Yes, she's always been like that". Barry said.
Welcome guys, you guys arrived early enough. I said rolling my eyes to Barry.
We still have a mystery to solve. I would go to Hudson University, you guys go to CCU.
"Ok". I decided to go to the second university where it  also happened
We left at the same time.

I almost got lost, but thanks to GPS I didn't.
I arrived safely at the University smiling cause I didn't get lost.
"Good Morning, I'd like to see the principal," I said to the school's receptionist.
She picked up the phone and called the principal to inform her.
"This way". She gestured her hands towards the principal's office.
"Excuse me ma'am. May I come in".
"Come in".Mrs. Betsy Green, a very beautiful blonde woman that I assume to be in her 50's replied to me with a smile.
"I'm Detective West from the CCPD," I said showing her my badge.
" Why are you here did you find the killer," she said
"No, I'm here to ask more questions about the dead students".
" A detective came last week and I already said what I knew," she said with a strict look.
" Yes I know that, but I'm here to know more about the kid's GPA".
" Why their GPA" she said with a confused look.
" Your students took some pills to enhance their intelligence".
"Really!" she said with a shocking look
"I want to know how their performance has been before they started using those drugs".
"Ohh" she simply said
She opened her computer to check for their result and said "I think you are right cause this semester they all had 5.0GPA" She said
"All of them!"
"Yes, cause Cisco wasn't doing well at the beginning of the term, I think it's...2.0, Tess had 2.7, Spencer had 2.2, Max had 2.7 but the most shocking thing is that Harry had always been on 5.0 since his first year to the third till he died.
I wrote down everything on my notepad.
"Is there any connection among these students"
" Yes, they are all medical students".She said
" Do you mind if I speak with their professor"
" I don't mind".She said
She called the receptionist to take me to Professor Stan's class.
I stood up and thanked the principal for her time. She smiled back at me.

We got to the class where the professor was.
"Excuse me, I'm Detective West from the CCPD, I'd like to have a few words with you please"
" Sure," he said.
We left the class
" I heard the six students that died are all your students, I would like to know a lot about them".
" Do you mean Harry and his friends?" he said
" What, they are friends!"
" Yes, teammates at that," he said.
"Wow, that's new information. You are telling me they are friends
" Did you notice any difference from the students the past few months before their death"
"Yeah, I noticed they all became smarter this past few months, which is unlike them," he said.
" Okay thanks, that'll be all for today. Here's my card in case there's more information to tell me. Thanks for your time".
" Sure," he said.

I stepped out of the school and paused for a moment.
"This case is so tough, I'm not even a bit close," I said and let out a heavy sigh.
" Urggh, I hope for the best from my colleagues"
Something is not right here at the first different department but they have the same problem, the same department, friend,  low G.P.
Where is this fucking drug coming from?
I keep asking myself the same thing.
I heard my stomach rumble.
" Let's go have some food little guy," I said rubbing my stomach.

Authors note:Pheeew😰. Iris has a lot on her plate.
Thanks for reading hunnies😊.Don't forget to vote☺️...Love y'all
You can share your thoughts about this chapter in the comment section.