Number Two. Fucking Bars

Looking back on a time when the Mafia and drug deals, shoot outs and crooks weren't a part of my everyday life is a strange thing, despite my missing years I know that I wasn't associated in any of it before now. I don't mean hell when I say being indoctrinated into the underworld was every bit as scary as you'd think, it doesn't matter how important Carter is, someone always beats him out.

He likes to think he is shielding me away from the life he lives, I think in his own deluded way that is why he keeps me trapped up here with only the view for comfort. The violence surely too much for someone as delicate and precious as me.

Lewis stands impatiently in the centre of the conference room a couple levels below where I usually am, his body is taut with strain and stress as the fellow crewmembers wind each other up and curse loudly. No regard for whatever mission Lewis is here to inform them of, deep, deep down I think that Lewis is kind of fond of the group of damaged villains that make up his strange family.

The front he is constantly putting up makes it hard to be sure, he is like the manager of whatever rebellious organisation that Carter is spearheading but still holds some semblance of control over what Carter does all at the same time. If there is a mission or assignment, Lewis is the one who you'll hear it from.

His eyes are trained on Tyler and Skye, who are engaged in a loud and quite intense arm-wrestling competition that gets Carter to chuckle beside me as he moves us further into the room, his hand on the small of my back. Tyler and Lewis have been here since before I arrived, the closest thing to family I think Carter has, but he is way too cool and broody to admit it. It was unsurprising to learn they are his most trusted.

The likes of Skye and Daniel keep both Carter and Lewis on their toes, you wouldn't guess they are as good at their jobs as they are but with the standards Carter keeps, they had better be good. Otherwise they would be dead. I don't view him as a particularly patient person, he has never been with me, but the way he treats his child-like men baffles me.

Usually he is very much a what he wants, when he wants it and he won't tolerate waiting or denial.

He's not usually forceful, to my own shame he has never had to be, and despite my distaste for the man I try my best not to piss him off too severely as my life does remain in his hands. Which is why I don't object when he pulls me into his lap as he sits down, at the top right of his long conference table.

Usually he lets me wonder around the room, but not today and the tight grip he has on my hip is a dead give-away to his bad mood.

To me his foul mood makes no sense, as we spent the entire night indulging in many rounds of mutually beneficial pleasure and perhaps, I am beginning to bore him, maybe his words of warning mean more than I first thought. Danger could really be in the air, even the thought of it makes me nervous, my life with him is ever changing but the one thing I am sure of is that he would never bring any danger, anywhere near me.

"Would you two knock it off already!" Lewis growls, his eyes still focused on the arm wrestle that he are constantly forced to witness. "We do not have all the time in the world to fool around"

"Where's the fun, if not fooling around Lewi" Skye grumbles, pulling his hand from Tyler's grip and turning his attention to the balding man.

"Idiots!" Lewis sighs, "We only have a twenty-four-hour period over which this job can be executed so you fucks, cannot screw it up by prancing around with your cocks out!"

"Offended that you think when I have my cock out that I prance around, what will Elizabeth think of me now?" Tyler gasps, slapping a hand to his forehead as if he was to pass out and I stifle a giggle.