Number Fourteen. Plans

ONE YEAR, TWO WEEKS SINCE:

"Holy fuck, we should- wow!" I gasp leaning forward against Theo's chest. "We should stop having sex on the kitchen counter, we eat here"

"I eat you here, so what's with the complaints?"

"Not complaints, just wondering how hygienic it will be when we have people over to eat here and all I am going to be able to think about is you fucking me"

"First of all, it is making love, don't be gross" He chuckles, pulling my t-shirt over my head and wiggling my shorts up my legs. "Secondly, we have no friends and therefor I am confused as to who we will be having over?"

"I told you, we are making friends here and you were the one that said we were going to be able to see Tyler"

"Didn't think you would be so keen to see that old fuck"

"If anyone is an old fuck it's Lewis, not handsome, strong, carved to the gods Tyler" I chuckle, spinning around on the countertop to watch Theo put the lasagne in the oven.

"Wasn't aware you thought so highly of him" He smirks, "I can set you guy's up if you'd like"

"I think the guy I am dating at the moment is adequate enough" I laugh.

"Only adequate? Do I need to remind you?" He asks, advancing on me.

"No, please no, give my poor vagina a rest!" I giggle, wiggling away from his incoming hands.

"So, I have a job I have to go to" He starts reluctantly, knowing how much I dislike when this happens "It'll be a two-day trip, fly to London and be back"

"What kind of job?" I ask quietly, looking down at my fingers nervously.

"They need help tracking some mob movement" He explains softly, pulling my hands into his "I've been working on it for a while and without all the information I am not exactly helpful, save them coming to look for me, I said I would come and fix it"

"You're not like, going out into the field or anything are you?"

"No, I promised you that I wouldn't unless there was no other option and it's purely informational"

"Lewis asked for you?"

"Among others" He says vaguely, staring at me with wide and curious eyes.

"It's for him isn't it?"

"We're a group and if I bail, even now, I can't risk him digging around for a reason"

"I know, I just hate, I hate him and the job, it sucks"

"It does and if there was a way out, I would take it in a heartbeat, and you know it"

"Two days?"

"Forty-eight hours" he affirms "Then I will be back"

"When do you leave?"

"In four days"

"Better than tomorrow" I sigh, leaning my head against his chest and letting him wrap his arms around me. Pulling me close and not letting go until food is ready and even then, he stays close all night.

ONE YEAR, THREE MONTHS SINCE:

"So, Tyler is really coming?" I ask again, the last two times we have made plans Tyler has cancelled because someone bad or some job comes up and I get it is his life.

I guess I just wish I had some normal friends, normal friends that get me and don't secretly wonder why I flinch or shut down at certain topics. I just want some normality. I can't say that Carter is the reason that I don't have any because the truth is, even when my family was around, they were never normal and obviously my Father and Brother's involvement in the dark world was the reason for that.