A Bee With Butterflies

🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝

The bathroom door opened and out walked Charlie with a blue t-shirt and a pair of gym shorts.

Bee on the other hand laid on the floor staring at the ceiling. On him was one of Charlie's yellow t-shirts and a pair of her black gym shorts. His bodysuit had detransformed down to underpants.

It was a feature that Charlie didn't know his suit could do. But she did find it interesting.

"Goodnight, Bee!" Charlie knelt down and kissed him on the cheek and smiled at his blushing cheeks before she got into bed herself.

Even though his color was yellow, Bee's cheeks were red as a tomato. As he laid there in the sleeping bag, staring at the ceiling, he couldn't help but feel like he was flying. This strange but interesting interaction felt so good to him.

"G-G...Goodnight Charlie!" He finally replied.

Charlie smiled when she heard him reply. She really was feeling a bond with Bee. Not like a driver and a car, but something deeper. She wasn't sure what it was, but it was very nice.

Bee felt the same. But he was still curious about what exactly it was. His curiosity wouldn't leave him alone, so he had to ask.

"Um...hey, Charlie?" He called out.

"Yeah?" She replied almost immediately. She must've not been any closer to sleep than he was. Good thing though. He wanted to ask this.

"Can I ask you a question?"

He heard some ruffling as the bed squeaked a little, but was soon met with the sight of Charlie propped up on her arms at the foot of her bed again looking right at him. "Shoot!" She replied with a smile.

Bee's eyes went wide. Why would she tell him to do that?

"What did you say?"

"Shoot." She repeated.

Now, Bee was confused. This wasn't where he saw this going.

"Um, could I maybe not? I don't wanna hurt anyone or anything."

Now it was Charlie's turn to be confused. "What're you talking about?"

"Well you said 'Shoot' and I don't wanna want anything to get damaged. Or hurt anyone."

Charlie began to laugh as she now understood. "No, Bee. When someone says shoot in a conversation like this, it means to like, go ahead and say what you wanna say."

Bee's face changed as well since he understood now. "Oh ok. Haha."

Charlie, still smiling, shook her head as she watched the young humanoid finally understand the meaning of the word and laugh a little. "So what was your question, Bee?"

That brought Bee back to reality and his nerves began to rattle. But, knowing he could trust Charlie, he decided to push on.

"Well, I have this weird feeling."

"What do you mean?" Charlie asked.

"I don't really know. It...it kinda feels like I have a lot of those creatures humans called um...futterfies?"

Charlie's eyebrows showed confusion at first, but then, she understood and laughed. "You mean butterflies?"

"Right! That's it! But yeah, it feels like I have a lot of them flying around inside of me."

Charlie knew what Bee meant, but she also began to get curious. "When do you get these feelings?"

The humanoid's face began to show worry. He knew the answer, but he wasn't sure how Charlie would react to it. Then again, he would never know if he didn't say.