2

"So what are your plans for today?" I asked, while putting the dishes into the skin, rinsing them before lathering them with dish soap. "I was thinking maybe grocery shopping?" Jacob answered, sipping the last bit of his coffee from mug. I'm assuming that was the guest mug I had in my cabinets.

"Really? I thought of getting some stuff too, I just ran out of a detergent and some dry foods, I think I'll get some bread on the way home too."

"We could go together if you want, also I can bake bread if you'd like, but we'd need to get flour and more eggs."

"I'm taking as you used up the last two eggs in the fridge?" I looked behind briefly and he nodded.

"Don't you think it's too much of a hassle? Baking bread from scratch?"

"I think it's the least I could do, since I used up half the things in your fridge."

"That's very kind of you."

"Okay, give me 20 minutes tops, I'll shower and get ready."

"Sure, take your time." And he was back to sipping his coffee again.

"Okay, 20 minutes. That's what you told your room mate, don't let him down." I said to myself. I peeled off my workout clothes and flung them in the laundry basket beside the basin and jumped into the shower. Turning on the shower, I undid my pony tail and ran my fingers through my hair and a few loose strands stuck to my wet palms.

Ugh, not again! The shampoo I was using claimed that it'd be able to stop 100% of hair fall, god dammit I probably fell for another marketing gimmick. Lathering my body with soap, rinse, then lathered my long hair with shampoo, then rinsed.

Throwing on my bathrobe and wrapping it tightly round my body, I squeezed some tooth paste on the bristles and ran them through my teeth, my feet tapping restlessly against the marble flooring. I looked at myself in the mirror, dang I looked every bit of a wet dog. My face was red from all the steam in the shower but thank God for a good complexion at least. Sunscreen and moisturisers, sunscreen and moisturisers. Where was I? Okay, yes, brushing my teeth.

I took a quick glimpse at his toothbrush , it was a dark grey in colour. Next to it was a shaving cream and a shaver, ooh his shaver looks so expensive. I rinsed out my foamy mouth and rinsed with a shot of Listerine, yes I basically call it a shot since its cap looked like one.

I breathed out and semi blow dried my hair and raced back into my room. Great, 9 minutes left on the clock, I do work well under pressure. Throwing out a pair of skinny jeans and a white blouse, I quickly picked out a seamless underwear and a nude coloured bra while combing my hair all in one go. 7 minutes.

I put on some moisturiser and sunscreen, followed by curling my lashes and adding some mascara, dabbing on some cream blush and tinted chapsticks, brushed out my brows and filled them in just a bit. 2 minutes.

Grabbing my purse and keys from the dresser, I was out of my room in a jiffy.

"Wow, you're a woman of your word. Literally 20 minutes." He said as he pulled a sweater over his shirt that he was wearing earlier. Men, trust them to pull on anything at the very last minute and they'll say they 'got ready'.

"I'm really good in keeping up with deadlines." I smiled as I got out my Vans from the built-in shoe cabinet. "So do I." He said. "Well, now we have something in common."

"I'll drive, I'm assuming you don't have a car yet since you just moved to DC?"

"I do actually, had it shipped over a week ago, just collected it yesterday."