CHAPTER 2: Gunner

All I wanted to do this morning was catch up on some sleep since my plane arrived late last night and I was beyond exhausted from being jet-lagged and from the lack of sleep for the last couple weeks catching up to me. So the last thing I needed was somebody non-stop knocking on the door so early.

After Ferris returned from helping, I already forgot her name, he mentioned he was having a dinner party with a couple of friends tonight and wanted to know if I would like to join them. I declined his invitation because I was planning on seeing this girl I always hook up with whenever I get back from my assignments and after I eventually hear back from her, we'll meet up.

He was a little disappointed but the truth is that I don't care for those dinner parties very much and he knows it. He even tried telling me it was a celebration in honor of me coming back when I know him long enough to know that wasn't true.

Ferris and I have been best friends ever since we were in grade school and are practically more like brothers. Which is one of the big reasons I feel bad in telling him I'm an undercover agent for the FBI.

I don't tell him for the same reason I don't really have relationships. It can put his life in danger and someone can use him to try and get to me and I can't have that. So I don't tell him and have been making him believe that I am not sure in what all I want to do but for now, I get paid decent and the rent is less, the fact that I am the building's Handyman/Maintenance guy.

I am the youngest FBI Agent in my department and am one of the best. I can get away with being a College student and other jobs that require me to look the part of a young guy. I especially am great at getting women to open up and tell me about their asshole boyfriends so we can take them down.

Few hours had gone by and didn't hear back from the girl so I decided to head out and first head to the gym and work off some frustration.

When I got inside the gym, I had seen the guy who trained me back when Ferris and I first moved here and hired me to work here. I liked training people to kill the time before I became and agent as I always thought I could do a Plan B in case the FBI didn't work out.

So I said 'hi' to everyone I haven't seen since I've been gone and then headed off to one of the upstairs rooms that has a boxing ring, punching bags and many other training equipment for boxers and MMA fighters come in to train.

I started to wrap up my hands before then beginning to hit the bean bag.

I was going at it for a couple of hours then when I stopped to take a rest and grabbed some water, I had noticed that in the room across the way, was that girl from earlier. The neighbor, Arya. Holy shit! I remembered her name.

Anyways, I was a little surprised to see her in a Pilates class when she didn't seem the type who would do something like that. No offense. Then again, good for her for taking care of herself. Then I right away had noticed she wasn't taking the class but talking to the instructor who then laughed and was excited then hugged her and she left. Luckily she didn't notice me.

I noticed the girl that I normally hook up with start walking by the room who I have been waiting most of the day to hear back from, she spotted me and looked surprised to see me as she stopped right then and there. I start walking up to her.

"Hey." I nodded.

"H-hey Gunner." She said a little nervously.

"Why haven't you returned my messages?" I asked. Although I think I have an idea by her body language what the deal was but I prefer people to still tell me.

"Sorry I didn't reply. I um, I am engaged." She says.

"Engaged? I've been gone for only two weeks." I laughed at how pathetic of an excuse that was.

"No. You see I technically have dated this guy a couple years ago and well, he recently came back into town on a business trip, apparently he's doing good and has some money now so..." She states.

"Oh, so you're one of those girls! Figures." I tell her.

"Don't judge me. You apparently are one of 'those' guys who can't handle when others do the same to you or play the same way you play with people so don't fucking go there." She scowls.

"Pff. What the fuck ever. See ya." I roll my eyes in annoyance and then go back in hitting the hell out of the punching bag.

I should have known she was a gold-digging-hoe. Then again it isn't a surprise. My mom and stepmom were like that and my dad always just accepted that shit. Meanwhile, that's how he went bankrupt also.

Again though, it's no big deal. She can easily be replaced.

When I was finished working out and after taking a shower at the gym then got dressed, I next headed to the store to grab some food and everything and lost track of the time and had forgotten about the dinner tonight Ferris was having and when I walked inside, his few friends had seemed to have already showed up.

I put things I bought away and then he convinced me along with the fact he is really interested in this girl that he invited over and wanted me to meet her.

Once we all got ready to sit down, we heard the door open and in walked her. Did he seriously invite her? This is gonna be a long night I thought to myself. Hello whiskey.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)