So what if I'm a monster, that's been here all along

This is all over the place, I'm sorry.

Title from "Monster" by Gabbie Hannah. It's a great song :)

-x-x-x-

Luke was tired today, extremely exhausted, in fact. He slouched into the room, his cheeks aching from offering meek smiles to the fans outside. Running a hand through his quiff, which was also sagging today, he huffed as he crashed on the bean bag, feeling Ashton's eyes on him.

"You okay bud?" He called from where he was scrolling through twitter on the couch beside Michael and Calum who were playing heads up, laughing obnoxiously per usual.

"Fucking peachy." He mumbled, biting his lip ring and letting out a frustrated groan because he just couldn't figure out why he wasn't getting any sleep lately.

"You know swearing isn't cool." Ashton frowned, not helping Luke's mood, he didn't need Ashton babying him right now, he didn't need it at all.

"Whatever, I'm not a child Ashton." He snapped back, even though the guy did have 2 years of experience being an adult, which was 2 more than Luke.

Ashton was about to give it back to Luke but seeing the way he pressed his head down on folded arms made him feel bad for Luke, so he let it go.

Calum and Michael though, completely oblivious to this conversation, decided to mess with Luke when he walked away to make some coffee.

"Grab his phone." Michael grinned and winked at Calum, who giggled and obeyed, unlocking it and scrolling through Luke's history.

Luke walked in, immediately spotting Malum staring at his phone, "Guys, please not right now."

Perhaps they failed to hear the desperation in his voice, because they ignored him, and continued laughing at this article Luke was reading about "How to make an impression".

"Who're you trying to impress Luke?" Calum taunted.

"I said give me my phone back." Luke whined, frustrated with their daily teasing, reaching over to grab it but the guys moved out of his reach.

"Aww is poor Lukey angry? You're such a baby." Michael added, and just like that, tears were beginning to brim under Luke's sleep-deprived eyes, ironic because he felt like an even bigger baby crying.

"Give the fucking thing back!" He screamed suddenly, clenching his fists and dashing to the other two with such intensity in his contorted face that they thought he would knock them clean off but he simply snatched his phone, although scratching Calum in the process.

"Ow man!" Calum said, cradling the throbbing pink skin on his arm.

Michael shot daggers at Luke as he turned, discreetly wiped the angry tears and made to leave to his room.

"Where the fuck are you going?" Michael questioned, making him reply "None of your fucking business."

"Guys, I don't like all this swearing, its like I'm living with a bunch of street urchins." Ashton butted in, watching the muscles on Luke's arms become taught as he became progressively more angry, and wishing he would just tell them what's wrong. But he was stubborn like that.

"Fuck off Ashton." Michael spat, turning to Luke, "and you asshole, come help me bandage this and maybe fucking apologize."

At this Luke turned "Did you apologize for taking my phone without permission?"

"Oh so now we have to take permission?"

"Whatever, you didn't apologize, so I won't either." Luke said, clicking his door open.