one

The world was changing for the better

The world was changing for the better. Aliens and creatures and humans were learning to cooperate and coexist. It was no surprise to see aliens walking down the street or eating human food at a cafe with other humans. San Francisco was a large place, and it was always welcoming to new visitors and residents. The city council even paid certain creatures with powers to save the city from villains and other bad-mannered humans. If the Avengers were saving New York, then there had to be people in other cities.

San Francisco's famous superhero - really, he was more of an anti-hero since he took the law into his own hands - was Venom, a black alien-looking symbiote. Venom's host did not want to be known in the public, so it made him a favorite within journalists and paparazzi. Of course, only one person knew of who Venom's host really was. Maple Barker was a baker who was coincidentally Eddie Brock's neighbor.

The smell of pastries often wafted into Eddie's apartment, which often caused Venom to take over Eddie and break into her apartment. The first time had been a scene of screaming and Venom eating all the chocolate-flavored pastries on the kitchen island. Once he was satisfied, he left Eddie to apologize alone.

Since then, Maple learned to leave her door and window unlocked while she baked. She owned her own bakery that had its own kitchen, but she liked baking at home because of a certain guest. Her bakery had a lot of popularity because Venom often came into the shop to steal pastries in the middle of business hours. One time, she had gotten mad at him, lecturing him in front of customers with a wooden spoon in her hand. He simply pouted and stood still as she waved her spoon around.

Paparazzi and journalists caught that moment. The headlines were "Venom and San Francisco baker in a relationship?" She didn't mind since more people flooded into her bakery. She made good money because of him. More often, when Venom was bored, he would watch her bake in the kitchen at her bakery, then follow her out where all the customers were. The two - or three - had an odd relationship, but they each loved it in their own way.