two

The sound of the window opening caused Maple to perk up

The sound of the window opening caused Maple to perk up. She looked over her shoulder to see a black blob sliding in through her small window and into her apartment before forming.

"We smell chocolate," said Venom.

Maple laughed, shaking her head as she turned back to mix the batter of her cupcakes. "There are brownies in the oven."

Venom stalked over to the oven and watched through the glass.

"Watching isn't going to make it go faster," she said.

His eyes rolled over to Maple before he reached a long arm and curled it around her waist, drawing her into his body. Maple, in her haste, grabbed the bowl and spoon to continue mixing. Her feet dangled in the air.

"I should ask for money next time you want to cuddle with me."

Venom smiled at her, some droll almost dropping into the bowl if she hadn't swerved around.

"Drool, Venom," she warned.

He chuckled, holding her closer.

"Shouldn't you be doing work or something? Surely, Eddie has a paper or something."

Venom's head slithered away from Eddie, moving onto his shoulder.

"I have a paper, but it ain't due until next week. You comfortable?" Eddie asked.

Maple nodded. "I'm fine. Did you two have dinner yet?"

Eddie nodded. "Chinese."

"We're waiting for dessert," said Venom.

Maple huffed. "Is that all you two use me for?"

"You're also good company," added Eddie.

She shook her head. "Venom, can you grab that mold with the tray for me?"

He did as she asked and held it for her as she poured the batter into the mold. He had done that enough times to know the routine by heart. He opened the oven and pulled out the brownies before sliding in the cupcakes for her.

"Thank you."

His tongue slid out and licked her face. "Nibble is welcome."

She scrunched her face up in disgust. "V, if you're going to do that, a little warning would be nice."

"We could eat you up," he suggested.

"Let's not resort to cannibalism," she replied.

He grinned. "That's not what we meant."

Maple blushed. "Oh."

"Behave," Eddie warned.

Venom ignored him, his tongue slithering toward the tray of brownies.

"Hey, they're not even out of the mold," said Maple. "And there they go."

The brownies tilted into Venom's mouth and he swallowed them hole, grumbling happily. Maple and Eddie shared looks.

"Well, at least some of the cupcakes are vanilla," said Maple.

Eddie chuckled.

"Movie?" she asked.

He nodded. "We'll stay until the cupcakes are done. We should patrol soon."

She nodded. "Of course, Mr. Superhero."

"I would hardly call us that," Eddie retorted.

"True, Venom did break a couple of windows last night."

Eddie grimaced. "Heard about that?"

Maple nodded. "You're the messiest superhero ever."