nine

Maple woke up with a stretch, accidentally smacking Eddie in the face, waking him up

"Oh, sorry," she sheepishly said.

"It's all right," he groaned.

Maple turned around on her side to check the notifications on her phone. Eddie fully opened his eyes, roaming over the hickeys and bruises on her back.

She's ours now, said Venom.

She sighed happily, leaning over onto her back.

"Good night?" asked Eddie.

She smiled, leaning up to kiss his jaw. "Yeah. It was a pretty awesome night. "

He grinned. "Well, we never got to eat that dinner."

She laughed. "Dinner for breakfast?"

Eddie glanced at the clock on her wall. "Think it's more of dinner for lunch now, but yes."

She grinned, sliding out of bed. "Sounds good."

Eddie eyed her naked body.

She glanced over her shoulder. "You're looking."

"Can't I appreciate a nice body?" he asked.

Maple shook her head, grabbing Eddie's shirt to wear it before walking into the kitchen. She eyed her oven, noticing that it was turned off and the brownies were gone.

"Venom, did you eat the brownies while we were asleep?" she called out.

Eddie walked out shirtless with Venom poking his head out. "Yes."

Maple chuckled, putting the tray into the sink. Eddie offered to cook for her since it was usually her doing it for them. She sat on the couch, admiring Eddie's torso and muscles, biting her bottom lip.

"V says you're looking," Eddie called out without a glance.

"I am," she replied.

Eddie laughed. "Like what you see?"

"Very much so. So, are we, like, a thing now or a fling?"

"Well, I'm cooking for you, aren't I?"

"Well, you are a gentleman, so how am I supposed to know you're not just being nice?" Maple asked.

"It's not just that. I like you. Plus, V likes you too. I think that's rare. Usually, he wants to eat people,"
Eddie explained.

"Oh - well, I'm glad he hasn't eaten me."

"Yet," replied V.

"Oh - was that dirty joke?"

Eddie snorted. "Sorry, he's been antsy lately."

"Tell her," said venom.

"No, man, I'm not telling her. Shut up."

"Tell me what?" asked Maple.

"Don't say it, V."

"You are our mate now," said Venom.

"I'm sorry, what?"

Eddie flushed. "He says you're our mate. Apparently, they have mates on Klyntar."

"Your home planet?" asked Maple.

Venom nodded. "Yes, and now you are ours."

"Sorry," apologized Eddie. "Don't listen to him if it makes you uncomfortable."

She shook her head. "It's okay. I don't mind...being your mate."

Venom smiled. "Told you so."