seven ㅣ denied

You wanted to visit your parents. And you will.

You opened your door and poked your head out, looking for any sign of a proxy awake. Once you thought the coast was clear, you passed through the halls and down the staircase. You beamed upon the sight of the front door and took grasp of it.

"(Y/N)?" You jumped at the voice and whipped your head to your right. It was Toby.

"What the fluff, man?!"

"Sorry," he raised his hands in surrender. "Didn't mean to startle you."

You hummed and nodded. You stood there in silence. Five seconds. Ten seconds. Fifteen, twenty...

"Can you, like...go?" You pursed your lips.

"I can but I won't."

"Listen, mi amigo," he gave you a what-the-heck look. "I'm trying to get some fresh air, okay? Couldn't sleep."

"Oh? Funny, I was about to do that, too," he leaned on the wall and crossed his legs. "Well? Don't hog the door."

This boi's ruining my plan–

"You weren't going to get some fresh air, were you?" He looked upset at your silence. "Are you trying to escape?"

"No! I'm not!" You sighed. "Fine. I'll tell you the reason but you will not tell anyone," you glared at him as he shrugged. "I'm going to visit my parents."

"Are...are you insane? What if they won't let you go back? What would you say if they asked questions? Can you even escape?" He scoffed.

"Stay out of my plans, you nosy-"

"Shut up!"

"No, you-"

"Be quiet, woman!"

"Be quiet, yourself-"

"Shh!" You huffed and stopped talking back.

...

There were footsteps. Someone was coming.

You opened the door and slipped outside, Toby quickly following you and closing the door.

"What do you think you're doing?"

"I'm coming with you."

"No, you aren't!" You said in annoyance.

"Slender is not forgiving and if someone sees you coming back in the morning and realizes you visited your family, you're dead."

"And how is your presence helping in any way, smart ass?"

"You obviously can't escape on your own. If you can, it'd take you ages and you'll come back when everyone's awake. I can help you there, you'll come back quicker, unless you want to get killed by the Rake," he nodded his head towards the trees.

"The Rake?" You looked at where he nodded at. You barely caught sight of it, but you did. Two glaring eyes in the darkness, watching your every move.