Battle Scars

“Are you sure you want to do this?” Elijah asked holding the car door open for Victoria to get out.

“Yes I’m sure I wouldn’t have made you drive all this way if I wasn’t.” she snapped

“Okay I’m just trying to look out for you,” he said helping her out of the car.

“I appreciate it but I’ll be fine,” she said as she walked up to the stairs and stared up at the doorway to her home. The police tape was gone and the crowds of curious on lookers had finally dispersed, it appeared as if nothing had ever happened. Letting out a heavy sigh Victoria slowly made her way up the stairs and pulled out her keys from her pocket as she ran through her mental check list of all the things she needed.

When she walked inside her nose was assaulted by the over-powering smell of industrial cleaner.

“I think the people dad hired to um…clean up might have done their job a little too well,” Elijah said rushing to open a window in the living room. Victoria didn’t follow instead she made her way up the stairs towards her bedroom, ignoring the gnawing feeling she had. When she stepped into her bedroom she couldn’t barely recognize it, there was barely anything in it. When Nick had the house cleaned to remove all of the blood from the gruesome scene he also had her furniture moved out to assure not a spot was missed.

As she stepped further into the room Victoria’s heart-rate began to pick up, she jumped when she heard Elijah slam a door. Her breathing grew rapid as it seemed like the walls were closing in on her. She could feel a hand wrapping around her throat as it grew harder for her to breathe. She closed her eyes trying to calm herself down but Chibbs face flashed before her eyes.

I can’t do this, she thought as she rushed out of the room and down the stairs as she fast as her legs could carry her.

“Elijah!” she yelled out for her brother.

“What’s wrong?” he asked as he walked out of the kitchen and he could immediately see how panicked she had become in a matter of minutes.

“I can’t, let’s go,”

“Okay just take a minute to-“

“-Now!” she said headed for the door and Elijah rushed behind her.

Once outside she collapsed onto the stairs clinging to the rail as she waited for the world to stop spinning. Victoria knew at that moment that she could never step foot into that house again. Although it may have been fixed to look as if nothing had ever happened, there were too many echoes left behind.

****

“You put up a good fight little girl,” the voice said seeming to come from all directions of the pitch black room. She knew that voice she knew it was Chibbs and she knew what would happen next.

Please not again, Victoria thought as she tried to move her arms only to find herself chained down.

“Let’s finish what we started,” he said, Victoria could feel him hovering over her, her heart beat so rapidly against her chest if felt like it would explode at any minute. It would be better than what she knew would be next, she held her breath as sharp metal slowly pierced her flesh. Pain ripped through her body as she tried to set herself free but she knew that it was no use. The coppery smell of her blood filled her nostrils as she screamed out in pain as she was stabbed again.

“Victoria wake up,” Nick said as he tried to shake Victoria awake, he could hear her screaming from his bedroom. When he walked into the room he was surprised to see her curled up in the corner clutching her stomach. Victoria’s eyes shot open and Nick could see the terror in her eyes as she tried to push Nick off of her.