The Prodigal Daughter Returns

Victoria let out a squeal of excitement when she noticed her father walking up towards her. Dropping her suitcase she ran to Nick who scooped her up with ease into a bear hug.

"Hi daddy,"

"Hello sweet pea," he said as he squeezed her. "How was the flight?" he asked as Victoria kissed his cheek.

"Good I slept through most of it," she said as Nick placed her feet on the ground. Nick took a step back to get a good look at his daughter and he couldn't help but be all smiles, she finally looked like her normal self.

"Where's mom?" she asked peaking around him.

"I promised her I wouldn't say anything but you know she can't let you come home without it being a big celebration."

"Oh no dad, how many people did she invite?" she groaned

"Everyone," he said with a laugh and Victoria rolled her eyes. "You know your mother can't pass up an opportunity to throw a party."

"But I just wanted to eat some of grandma's gnocchi and abuse Aaliyah." She said with a pout.

"Can you really blame her, you've been gone for three months, she missed you. We all did."

"I missed mom too and everyone," she said sincerely she hadn't seen her parents since their first and last visit to the retreat. Gaby and Nick visited Victoria within the first month of her stay at the retreat then Victoria made them promise not to visit again because she was afraid of missing them too much.

"You look so much better," Nick said as they walked to his car.

"Dad I can't tell you how much better I feel, if you and mom hadn't talk me into going I don't know where I would be right now."

"It's good to know that we still know what's good for our children." Nick said opening the door for her and Victoria climbed into the truck with ease. She was so glad to finally free from her cast and fully mobile again.

The whole ride home Victoria talked non-stop which was music to Nick's ear, it reminded him of when she was younger and would try to tell him about her day the minute he walked through the door. It felt like he had his little girl again.

When Victoria walked into the house she smiled as the aroma of the food Gaby had prepared for her filled her nostrils. Heather raced down the hallway and jumped on Victoria welcoming her home.

"Hi brat did you miss me?" Victoria asked as she got down on her knees and rubbed Heather's belly before Heather sat in Victoria's lap and licked her cheek. "Aww I missed you too, has Aaliyah been taking care of you like I asked?"

"Yeah I have, she's been a pain in my butt," Aaliyah said rolling her eyes "She is definitely your dog." she mumbled helping Victoria up before hugging her before she was whisked away by a sea full of people. "I'm so glad you're back," Yaharah said squeezing Victoria "I thought I was going to go out of my mind with boredom, I had no one to have lunch with or talk on the phone with late at night." She continued squeezing Victoria as if she was trying to squeeze the life right out of her.

"Ok Yaharah let her go before you break her," Elijah said prying Yaharah off of his sister so he could hug her.

"Welcome back twin, it's been pretty dull around here without you."

"Ok you've had enough it's my turn," Isabelle said shoving Elijah out of the way making Victoria laugh. Looking back on things Victoria couldn't understand how it ever made sense to her that she could live the rest of her life without her family. Her family was filled with warm, crazy yet loving people who accepted and loved her unconditionally for exactly who she was.