Harry Potter x Reader: Part of the Team

1st year

You hopped on the train excitedly, waving to your mother father and sister. Your sister had graduated from Hogwarts the year before you and told you how absolutely amazing the school was. "Bye Dora!" You called to her before disappearing inside without a glance back. 

You stopped at a compartment with two girls inside, identical twins. You opened the door, "Hello, I'm Y/n Tonks. Mind if I sit down?" You asked confidently. 

They both shook their heads and you heaved your bag up to the top compartment. You took a seat beside one of the girls since they were sitting across from each other. "So who are you guys?" 

The girl across from you introduced herself first, "I'm Parvati Patil and she's Padma. We're twins obviously but we're actually not that alike." 

"Well you sure do look like. Nice to meet you two. I'm so glad to have met some good friends already! My sister told me that sometimes on the train is where you meet you can meet your best friends at Hogwarts!" You explained. 

Parvati smiled widely at you and Padma gave a small nod, still staring airily out the window. "Do you guys play quidditch?" You asked trying to make conversation. 

They both shook their heads no. "But we do watch quidditch. Although Padma never fancied it much. She'd rather be reading books or practicing some kind of magic with mother or father's wands." 

"Oh interesting. I haven't tried very many spells myself just yet...but my sister Nymphadora has taught me a few wrist motions." You said. Just as you were about to whip out your wand and try a spell, a girl with bushy hair and a kind of proud look about her came in. 

"Has a toad came in here? A boy named Neville lost his a while back." She asked. 

"Nope, but I'll help you look!" You got up quickly, you didn't much fancy sitting still. Plus, your sister always said that helping people should be your top priority, you'd make friends easier that way. "It was nice chatting with you guys! Hope to see you again at Hogwarts! Ooh maybe we'll get sorted into the same house..." You trailed off as you followed the bushy haired girl out. 

"I'm Y/n Tonks by the way. What's your name?" You asked. 

"I'm Hermione Granger. I was so excited when I got the letter. I had no idea I was a witch! Of course strange things did seem to happen when I got emotional..." She explained. 

"Oh! So you're muggle born! That's so cool! My father is muggle born as well. So I'm considered a half-blood even though both my parents are technically magical. But since my father doesn't have magical lineage I'm not entirely pureblood." You said. 

"I see..." Hermione said as she opened a compartment door. Inside were two boys, one with messy black hair and the other with his face stuffed full of food. "Have either of you seen a toad? A boy named Neville's lost one." She explained to them. 

The boy with food in his  mouth tried to answer but couldn't make out any sensible words. "Well that was complete gibberish." You said. "How about you?" You asked the black haired boy. 

Hermione noticed the red-heads wand out, "Oh, are you doing magic?" She asked. "Let's see then." 

The boy swallowed and cleared his throat. "Sunshine daisies butter mellow....turn this stupid fat rat yellow!" He aimed his wand at his rat, it sparked and caused the rat to jump but did nothing else. 

As Hermione was chatting with him you took a seat by the black haired boy. "Hello I'm Y/n Tonks. What's your name?"

"Harry Potter." He answered.