James Sirius x Reader: Obsessed

You put on your headphones after school, finally escaping the hustle and bustle of the crowded Hogwarts Halls. You were the only one in your hidden spot of the courtyard. It was a place that only you and your best friend James knew about. One Direction, blasted in your headphones, blocking out any sound that could possibly get through. You bobbed your head to the music and closed your eyes. One Direction had been your escape from everything and therefore you were a little bit obsessed with them. 

You didn't even realize that James had come into your hiding spot until he tore your headphones out of your ears, "Y/n. You listen to that music too loud. What are you even listening to?" He asked, putting on the headphones and being startled by the volume. 

You laughed, taking the headphones back from him, "One Direction of course. What else?" 

James rolled his eyes, "Yeah yeah." His eyes lit up as an idea his him, "Hey do you wanna go prank Albus and Scorpius?" 

Your younger brothers who also happened to be best friends. It was strange that the Potter and Malfoy kids seemed to get along so well considering their parents' history. You shrugged, putting your headphones back in and turning down the music only slightly so you could hear James talk, "Not really in the mood." 

He pouted, "Well then what do you wanna do?" He sighed. 

You laughed, turning up your music and sighing, "I want to listen." 

His frown deepened, "Y/n. Y/n. Y/n. Y/n!" He said your name every time he poked your shoulder. 

You ignored him, being completely absorbed into the songs. Eventually he sighed, giving up and getting up to leave. You didn't notice his absence until you started to get hungry. 
~~~
James' pov
~~~

I ran my hands through my hair, "I just don't know how to get her attention. Ever since first year she's been obsessed with that stupid band." I frowned, hating myself for not knowing what to do. After all, I praised myself on giving excellent relationship advice...for someone who couldn't even get my best friend to like me back. 

Fred pursed his lips, "I don't know what to tell you. Do you know her favorite song from the band?" 

He blushed, embarrassed that he didn't know. To be honest, he ignored you when you started ranting about them because he'd get so blindingly jealous. "No." He pouted. 

Fred snapped his fingers, "I have a great idea!" 
~~~

It had been approximately one month since that day. You were walking to breakfast, wondering if James had slept in again. You opened the doors and saw that most people were already there. Had you overslept? No. You'd woken up with your alarm...unless that damn alarm was wrong. 

James' eyes lit up when he saw you and he waved you over. "Y/n!" He called and half the Gryffindor table looked at you. 

You blushed at the sudden attention on you and walked with your head down over to James, "What?" you hissed. 

He pulled out a black case from under the table, "I did something for you." He opened up the case and Fred made you sit down. 

James stepped up on the table that seemed to have been cleaned off a bit for him, "Everyone can I have your attention please?" 

He was now holding a guitar up, you gave him a questioning look, "James what are you doing?" 

"This is a song that I learned for Y/n Malfoy." He winked at you, "Maybe you can be obsessed with me next." There was a light blush across his cheeks as he strummed the first quick chords, "She be my queen, since we were sixteen. We want the same things, we dream the same dreams alright." 

You immediately recognized the song and brought your hand up to your mouth as he continued singing. You were surprised at how well he played the guitar and sang. Like it came naturally to him, and now that you noticed it...he did look oddly like Harry Styles did when he was a little younger. "Everybody wanna steal my girl~ Everybody wanna take her heart away. Couple billion in the whole wide world~ Find another one 'cause she belongs to me!" 

Your eyes shone with tears as you watched him, as he sang "na na na na." He held out a hand for you and you stepped onto the table with him. He slung the guitar onto his back, "Will she belong to me?" He asked, his eyes shining with hope. 

You smiled, he'd learned this whole song for you. And on closer examination, he had calluses on his hands that definitely hadn't been there before. You interlaced your hands and stood on your tip-toes to kiss his lips quickly. His whole face heated up and he kissed you again, more passionately. "Did you hear that?!" He yelled to the whole school that was clapping, "She belongs to me." He turned his attention back to you, his brown eyes bore into yours with intensity, "I want you to only be obsessed with me from now on. Got it?" 

"We'll see." You said, kissing him again gently. 

"James Sirius Potter! Get off the table!" McGonnagall called in a shrill voice and you were forced to step off the table.