3

~~~ sorry this chapter is a little short :(( I'll give ya'll more soon ~~~ <3 

-author 

When I finally made it to my apartment, if you can even call it that. It's just a measly one bedroom place and a bathroom that kind of scares me. I'm so serious, in the middle of the night strange noises always come from it. I would tell the landlord about this but this being New York, strange noises in restrooms is more common than you think.

Once inside my humble abode, I was met by a furry tabby cat. I found her a few months ago wandering the streets hungry and I just couldn't help but take her in and name her tabz. I know it wasn't the safest thing to do but she kind of reminded me of myself, lost and needing a better life. I'm hoping this new job comes through because that would mean better meals for me and tabz.

After showing Tabz some love I went straight to my room with my shoes and clothes still on and flopped on my air mattress letting out a loud scream out in my blankets. I just needed to let out this built up frustration that the day conjured up in me. I honestly have no idea how i'm going to survive this dilemma. Maybe I should search up how to be an assistant? It should be fairly easy I thought to myself as I pulled out my phone from my pocket.

Damn it! I slightly freaked out as I powered on my phone and saw 10 missed calls from my crazy best friend alex. I've known alex for almost 3 years now. He is honestly one of the best people I have ever met. We met at a bookstore downtown where we were both there crazing over how the store didn't sell manga and how much of an abomination it was, we have been inseparable ever since. He was crazy then and he still is, I love him but him blowing up my phone is crazy even for him. Slightly worried I gave him a call.

It took one ring for him to pick up. " WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!" Alex's sudden yelling made me squint and pull the phone away from my face.

"Gosh relax, what's going on?" I said slightly startled. "Don't relax me! I've been trying to call you foreverrrr. How did your first day go?" He was so excited you would've thought it was his first day.

"Sorry to ruin your excitement but it honestly sucked. I swear my boss is out to kill me and dont blow my phone up like that. I thought you were dead or something ." I whiningly complained. "Oh come on, I'm sure you'd want your hot boss to kill you, and you know I could never die." Alex said teasingly. Did I mention Alex and I are gay? Well now you know. I don't know why but I felt my face burn with his slightly lude statement. It's not that I don't find my boss attractive but still, he was a complete asshole to me today even if he did let me keep my job.

"Shut Up Alex it's not like that " I said sitting up on my mattress rolling my eyes. "They got my position wrong, I'm supposed to be the new technician but they put me as the Boss's assistant." I continued to rant. "Really? ! you're so lucky you get to be in the presence of your god like boss 24/7" He continued obviously amused by the whole situation.

"This is not luck, I don't know how to be an assistant, which reminds me I have to go. I need to do some research on this mess." I said tiredly. "Psh all you have to do is wear skimpy outfits and give him his coffee every morning, but okay good luck with your research" Alex laughed as he hung up the phone.

As I got off the phone I looked at the time it was already 10 pm and I need to be up by 9 am to be at work on time. I internally groaned as I quickly searched up the general role of an assistant. Answering phone calls, taking notes, scheduling meetings, emailing, texts, etc. It all sounded like things I could easily do which made me feel more assured that this wouldn't be too bad.

After about almost an hour of researching I decided it was time to just rest and let everything fall into place tomorrow at work. Finally taking off my work clothes and shoes I put on some pajamas which consisted of a white t-shirt and sweats. I made sure to set an alarm on my phone before laying down to sleep.

Lets just hope for a better day tomorrow.