4

Here's a longer chapter for you guys :)) 

I wake up from something wet hitting my face. I open my eyes and see tabz hovering over me purring and continuing to lick my now scrunched up face. 

I get up grabbing tabz and putting her on the floor besides my mattress. I quickly squint because of the morning sun that is now directly hitting my face. Yawning I randomly hit my hand on the mattress trying to blindly find my phone. I find it next to my ankle. I grab it and get up, I decide to start getting ready to take my shower. As I start to strip I start to get this weird feeling like someone is watching me.  

Looking down I see Tabz staring at me with a "really?" look. Feeling my face heat up and muttering a quiet apology. I grab my shirt to use as a towel and head to the bathroom. I know its just a cat but its a female cat and she deserves respect. Before getting in the shower I finally check the time on my phone. 

8:45. gosh ! I definitely got up later than I wanted to. Why didn't my phone wake me up? Quickly unlocked my phone and saw that I didn't turn on the alarm. UGH! I knew I shouldn't have stayed up so late. I silently cursed myself as I hurriedly got in the shower and started the water

I was hit with freezing cold I squealed but stayed under the water. I didn't have the chance to wait for the water warm up. I quickly grabbed the bar of soap and scrubbed my slightly tanned skin. I was never someone to think that I was necessarily ugly but I sure as hell didn't think i was anything special. If anything I just thought I was just okay. I was about 5'8. My face was kind of round ish but It was slightly defined a trait that I found looked awkward on me especially with my off colored green eyes. 

Finishing up my lighting speed shower I shut off the water and practically jumped out of the shower. Ugh I cant afford to be late. I cant fuck up. I kept repeating to myself as I raced out of the bathroom and grabbed the only dress shirt and pants that I had. I don't own many fancy clothes and I even had to borrow these from Alex so that goes to show how much I "dress up" hell I'm supposed to be a technician not an assistant and in my normal line of work a graphic tee and jeans is as dressed up as we get for the most part.  

Finally dressed, I grab my phone from the counter in the bathroom and check the time. 9:15. ugh! I only have 15 minutes to get to work and its a 20 minute drive by bus only because there are constant stops. What of i... run? ugh Ill just have to I decided. I'm not the most athletic person you'll ever meet but i'm sure I can do this. I tell myself as I rush out of the apartment.

~~

I make it at the work with only one minute to spare. I run up the many stairs to the front door secretly cursing who ever came up with this design. Once at the top I quickly comb my fingers through my hair in an attempt to tame the curls. Not wanting to wasting any more time I practically burst the door open and run inside. "I'm here, i'm here! " I yell out as I run towards the elevator.  

I frantically abuse the elevator button as if me assaulting it would make the elevator come any faster. 

"Mr. Adrien" I hear a females voice behind me. I turn around to see the secretary from yesterday looking me up and down with slight amusement etched on her chocolate brown face. "You'll need this" she says as she tosses a key towards me. I catch it puzzled as I mumble a quick thank you. I don't have time to ask what its for before the elevator dings, signaling its finally opening. . 

Once inside I start the dreadful ride to the 40th floor. Ugh I swear if this what I have to do everyday to get to his office i'm going to lose my mind. I already don't like elevators and this long ride is gonna kill me. 

Once at the 40th floor I notice that the door doesn't budge open which make me realize that this is the reason the secretary gave me the key. I pull it out of my pocket and put it in the keyhole that was near the 40th floor button. as I twist and pull the key out I see the elevator doors open. I take a deep breath and take a quick glance at my phones time. 

9:33 I feel my heart start to race as I see that i'm 3 minutes late. Rushing down the hall to  the big office I recognize as my boss's. I notice that the office has a lighter feeling to it than yesterday. everyone in the complex is chatting quietly as they work and I even see some.. smiling. Which is so weird because yesterday they looked scared and they worked silently. Maybe it was my imagination? 

Confused for what feels like the hundredth time today, I finally make it outside of Damien's office that had his last name "willows" engraved on it. I softly knock as I feel my heart beat rising louder and louder afraid of whatever "punishment" he would give me for being late for a second time. 

I heard a "Come in" and I opened the door slowly. I lowered my gaze as I walked in and immediately started to apologize. "Mr. Willow i'm so sorry. I forgot to turn my a-alarm on a-and i had to run to-" 

"Its fine" Damien said softly. A little too softly at that. slightly scared I lifted my gaze to look at him. He had a smile on drawn on his face, it was so bright and sincere that it kind of made me uncomfortable but I couldn't deny that he looked great when he smiles. 

"your only a couple of minutes late." he chuckles seated behind his desk. "U-m okay..well thanks." I say still confused as to how he was so nice? just yesterday he was acting like he was going to chop my head off or something. 

" I'm glad you finally made it though, you need to come with me to this meeting". He said as he got up and walked over to a coat rack to put on his coat. A meeting?! I started to internally panic. Google didn't warn me about this part! what am I even supposed to do ! 

"I'm sure you already know what to do. Take notes of all the important things that we go through etc etc." he said chirpily as he was now besides me. I started to calm down as I realized that that didn't sound too bad.  "yes, sir" I said slightly unnerved by the whole situation. 

"good now take this" he said as he held out a notebook and pen for me to take notes." I took it and put the pen in my pocket. "Thank you sir" I said as he began to walk to the door as we began to leave. 

"oh and you don't have to keep call me sir, you can just call me Damien or Willow if you like" he slightly laughed as he opened the door and we headed to the elevator. Shocked at his calm statement I just responded with silence.  

What happened to him? I silently thought to myself as we went inside elevator, I noticed we were soon followed by his two body guards from the other day. Damien isn't this nice? is this a test or something? I kept questioning as we rode the elevator down to the PG floor. I guessed It meant we were going to the parking garage level. 

Wait! He's just waiting to we get in the car to start beating me up or something! I started to panic.

"Are you okay" I snapped out of my thoughts as I saw Damien was in front of me looking genuinely concerned. I looked around to see that the elevator was on our destination and that one of the guards was using his hand to keep the doors open.  I shook my head and nodded quickly embarrassed." yes.. i'm fine !" I stated as he looked at me and slowly nodded not buying it. 

We all walked out and I internally sighed to myself. I could tell today was going to be long and full of surprises.